'Kara' - Pushing PS3 to its limits...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precarious

Reaction score
All running live, rendering on the fly, on a PlayStation 3.

This demo is a year old. Render engine is now version 3. :blink:

Nice, but my computer does is much better for one reason, not so much pre-rendering as a PS3, they did cheap out just so you know with programing and to this day they have not done as good as the ps3 will put out, it's all about money, and the people that say what should be paid for is decided by share holders not gamer's. like me! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked 'Kara' as a short story. As a seasoned software professional (with a brief stint in gaming!), I appreciate this from a technical perspective. And as a gamer and geek for anything animated, fantasy, and/or sci-fi, I'm so very excited for a great many movies and games coming out (Pixar makes everything look SO GOOD!)

It's a good time to be a geek. I just hope we see more original content (even short films like this!) and fewer sequels.

I liked 'Kara' as a short story. As a seasoned software professional (with a brief stint in gaming!), I appreciate this from a technical perspective. And as a gamer and geek for anything animated, fantasy, and/or sci-fi, I'm so very excited for a great many movies and games coming out (Pixar makes everything look SO GOOD!)

It's a good time to be a geek. I just hope we see more original content (even short films like this!) and fewer sequels.
The problem is the industry tends to focus on the fast money. A real production like this takes a lot of artistic effort - between the story, scripting, cinematography, etc. Hollywood has the same problem. They mistakenly believe explosions and CGI make up for hollow 2-dimensional characters, shallow plots and irrational character motivations.

Game designers know they can get by without using the full capabilities of the hardware. It seems this company takes a different approach. I hope they are very successful and the trend catches on. Not that I play video games but if they were as artfully done as this short I might.

Latest posts