Kill of the day

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to get rid of my Leiurus quinquestriatus death stalker scorpions in a real hurry as a kid (parents) but i couldnt so i gave them to my Hierodula membranacea females. not very proud of it but hey i was a kid <_<
you kept death stalkers AS A KID :blink: :blink: ????wow :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yep that's it. They fly around the yard and I knock them out of the air with a rake. They sting a cicada and drag it back to their hole and lay an egg on it. The egg hatches and feeds on the cicada.
are they that easy to hit? i tried to knock some out with a stick but i couldn,t hit them..

L2 orchid VS big curly wing

man these are 20th century killing machines!!i added the fly to see how it goes.

orchid snatched up the fly wihc is just the size of it.

an one minute upside down pit fight was up next....

eventualy they both fell in a ball of legs and wing to the floor.. another 10 sec street fight.

eventualy my ferociou demon was able to overpower it, it walked to a branch and held it above the head and started amputating limbs... :blink:

the L3 just jumped towards it and snatchd it up fast before it could blink...

the l3 ghost...

i tried to feed it an curly wing.. it jumped awy, they all did they just sit and wait till a klumpsy frutefly passes by..

not what i call warriors(exept spirit- she is eating whats in her eyesight.)

but still the queen was amelie(ameles decolor) who had a similiar fight as the L2 orchid, but with a hornet.(she was like a velociraptor.)

mines not as impressive but... my l4 paradoxa took out a hover fly once.

it took her about 40 minutes to eat the whole thing. greedy ######.

Don't tell Mom!

20080827beyondthunderdoqh8.jpg

Here are my kills of the day:

Tropidomantid eating a giant cricket...

Tropidocricket.jpg

Tropidomantidandcricket.jpg

Ant mantid eating a giant cricket. Nitice that the crix head is missing, so that is the body without the head.

Anteatingcrix.jpg

AnteatingcrixCU.jpg