Lion Cub

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would not be surprised if some people do.
Hmmm.... I wouldn't think they are that abundant, or that easy to acquire. There are lots of herbivores that would be much easier (and safer!) to go after as a food source, lol. I just can't see it. I'd think even if cubs were somehow acquired, they would likely be sold to someone in the underground pet trade for a substantially larger gain than the small, temporary meal a cub would make.

cwm13.gif

Hmmm.... I wouldn't think they are that abundant, or that easy to acquire. There are lots of herbivores that would be much easier (and safer!) to go after as a food source, lol. I just can't see it. I'd think even if cubs were somehow acquired, they would likely be sold to someone in the underground pet trade for a substantially larger gain than the small, temporary meal a cub would make.
I better tell my supplier to stop sending those succulent little morsels. Katnapper is on to us :lol:

Who would be crazy enough to try and get one with mamma around, and Mustafa looking down at you from the clouds. No way!

I better tell my supplier to stop sending those succulent little morsels. Katnapper is on to us :lol:
LOL... Yep, stop that cat snacking! :p

Who would be crazy enough to try and get one with mamma around, and Mustafa looking down at you from the clouds. No way!
Yep! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well my sister and I like to pretend our dinner is something else than what it really is, so she once said she was eating lion cub. Then when I did that, she said people don't eat lion cub.

Well my sister and I like to pretend our dinner is something else than what it really is, so she once said she was eating lion cub. Then when I did that, she said people don't eat lion cub.
Oh my God, Alex! You got sister zapped! This is one of the things that older sisters do to younger brothers. One day soon, when you are working with your crickets or moths, or some other juicy but non-gastronomic bug, she's going to say, "Wow, I bet they would taste good," and then she'll "confess" that she ate one yesterday and it tasted delicious. "Say, lets both eat one each and see who can get it down first!" Being a trusting and honorable guy, you'll swallow yours on the count of three, and she'll drop hers back in the pot and go running to yr mom, yelling, "Mom! Alex just ate a big live bug! I think he's going to throw up!

I had an elder sister myself, so I know, even though I loved her dearly. :D

Ever have green peppers stuffed with a mixture of ground beef and rice, with cheese and tomato sauce on top? My daughter called them "monkey brains." Worth a try!

Oh my God, Alex! You got sister zapped! This is one of the things that older sisters do to younger brothers. One day soon, when you are working with your crickets or moths, or some other juicy but non-gastronomic bug, she's going to say, "Wow, I bet they would taste good," and then she'll "confess" that she ate one yesterday and it tasted delicious. "Say, lets both eat one each and see who can get it down first!" Being a trusting and honorable guy, you'll swallow yours on the count of three, and she'll drop hers back in the pot and go running to yr mom, yelling, "Mom! Alex just ate a big live bug! I think he's going to throw up!I had an elder sister myself, so I know, even though I loved her dearly. :D

Ever have green peppers stuffed with a mixture of ground beef and rice, with cheese and tomato sauce on top? My daughter called them "monkey brains." Worth a try!
My sister is younger than me!!!

Oh my God, Alex! You got sister zapped! This is one of the things that older sisters do to younger brothers. One day soon, when you are working with your crickets or moths, or some other juicy but non-gastronomic bug, she's going to say, "Wow, I bet they would taste good," and then she'll "confess" that she ate one yesterday and it tasted delicious. "Say, lets both eat one each and see who can get it down first!" Being a trusting and honorable guy, you'll swallow yours on the count of three, and she'll drop hers back in the pot and go running to yr mom, yelling, "Mom! Alex just ate a big live bug! I think he's going to throw up!I had an elder sister myself, so I know, even though I loved her dearly. :D

I make those "monkey brains" with veggi-ground beef. Delicious.

I wonder what lion cub tastes like. Maybe like chicken!!! :D
Did you ever hear about the monkeys in a room with typewriters (now they would have computers) who would eventually, by chance, come up with the complete works of Shakespeare? Well, you beat them to it! There really is some evidence to support your fanciful idea. In Darwin's Voyage of the Beagle, in one of the early chapters (Argentina?) he reports eating a puma (mountain lion) and finding the meat very tender. He mentions that the same thing had been said of the African lion by a naturalist and explorer who found the meat akin to chicken.

Rembember, though, young fellow, that when the cub's mother catches you, she'll think that you taste like chicken, too! :D

I've ate dog and it didn't taste like chicken.

Latest posts