Maggot day!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Maggot day arrives and the worst part is sifting out the sawdust! The amoniona smell is pretty bad, I do it outside if the weather is agreeable, I am getting it down to a science now, and hopefully I will one day like it..... :tt2: "tt2" but I doubt it! :no: :whistling:

MVC-375F.JPG

MVC-376F.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
So...do you breed your own flies, then? I thought you ordered them from someone else.

Maybe you can enlighten some of us on how to do this! (Still trying to figure out my "small-scale" production method...*sigh*)

-Carey Kurtz-

oh stop crying. at least that's not just one day worth of food.

I know someone in Cali that must use all that amount (in Fly form ofcourse) each day.

Harry

So...do you breed your own flies, then? I thought you ordered them from someone else.

Maybe you can enlighten some of us on how to do this! (Still trying to figure out my "small-scale" production method...*sigh*)

-Carey Kurtz-
OMG! Did I promise to contact you about this and then treacherously break my senile word? My bedtime is rapidly approaching, but I promise that yours will be my first Email of the day tomorrow (sorry all you other folks who were hoping for a line!
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
) and you will have your own small scale HF setup ready for harvesting within three weeks and be the envy of your friends and neighbors!

haha, aw nuts! the girls have their own bug fridge! :p
Ah...I'll never forget the day that my "dear Mother-in-law" (who hates ANYTHING that creeps or crawls with a passion!) decided to buy our family some frozen pizzas that were on sale. I was busy with the baby so, she took it upon herself to put them in the freezer for me...the look on her face was almost worth paying for when she opened it up and saw frozen dead baby rats (& some older ones) in there! She didn't say a word...just left...and has NEVER, EVER volunteered to put anything in our freezer since! :lol: (We now have a separate freezer that we keep "feeders" in.)

OMG! Did I promise to contact you about this and then treacherously break my senile word? My bedtime is rapidly approaching, but I promise that yours will be my first Email of the day tomorrow (sorry all you other folks who were hoping for a line!
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
) and you will have your own small scale HF setup ready for harvesting within three weeks and be the envy of your friends and neighbors!
Probably, but I'm not far behind you in the senility dept there! I didn't even remember you saying that! :p

Latest posts