mantid bucket list

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gripen

Reaction score
what three mantids do any of you guys want to raise before you die? why do you like them? why are they on your list?

my bucket list is:

Harpagomantis tricolor- why? because it has it all great looks, rarity and a nice small package.

Deroplatys lobata- this is the mantid i thought all mantids should look like coming into this hobby. i love the size shape and color.

Gongylus gongylodes- the common name says it all 'violin mantis'. it is very graceful and big, whats not to love.

Empusa pennata: its so french if you get what im saying. and its communal!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good list! M bucket list has to be

1.Pseudacanthops sp. ~ LOOOOVE the moss mimicry!!

2. Paratoxodera cornicollis~ see above, but the body shape couldn't be more different. They remind me of leafy sea dragons

3. An empusid of some type. Could be a Gongylus, Idolomantis, Sybilla or Blepharopsis

1-ORCHID- Love their amazing Camoflauge with orchids (well duh, Its in their name)

2- SHIELDS-Dead Leaf or Leaf (Again Camoflauge)

3-BRUNNERIA BOREALIS-Amazing Length and Camoflauge

gettin some tomorrow lol! please nick share yours!!!

both of you guys nice lists! btw sybilla is not an empusidea :)
Oooh mantid faux pas!!!! I apologize!

I already have my #1...Hymenopus coronotus! I saw these for the first time in Singapore in 1997 at the royal orchid garden and Ive never forgotten them. Plus I am an orchid nut.... So it fits percectly

Oooh mantid faux pas!!!! I apologize!

I already have my #1...Hymenopus coronotus! I saw these for the first time in Singapore in 1997 at the royal orchid garden and Ive never forgotten them. Plus I am an orchid nut.... So it fits percectly
that is so cool that you saw them in the willd! ismart i totally forgot about empusa!!!

I am still a noob so probably fall for the usual suspects:

ghost....DONE!!!...hope ooth hatches and she lays some more (1st ooth laid 12-7-2011 not one since :pinch: hmm)

violin....after I do b. mendica

and tied for first (for now) is orchid & Idols

(Oooh mantid faux pas!!!! I apologize!

I already have my #1...Hymenopus coronotus! I saw these for the first time in Singapore in 1997 at the royal orchid garden and Ive never forgotten them. Plus I am an orchid nut.... So it fits percectly) frogparty post-

-THAT IS SO COOL! I wish I could go to Singapore and see a wild orchid mantis! I wonder if you stay there long enough you could take it home (in singapore) and raise it! If it dies go outside and catch some more!!

1. P. paradoxa - love their size and the fact that they can be kept together - got 'em.

1. H. Coronatus - so pretty! I want to keep them with live orchids.

2. S. denticulata - coolness factor.

3. O. gracilis - semi-communal and cute!

You mean I can't have them all? There are a lot I am eager to try but I'm going to be very sad if euchomenella macrops don't make a come back in the USA. Doesn't seem like anyone has them going now that Rebecca's line sputtered out. :no:

1.Cilnia humeralis

2.Hymenopus coronatus

3.Metallyticus splendidus

4.Schizocephala bicornis

I keep changing my mind about it so my little list is ever changing.

Latest posts