Mantid in our enclosed patio, going to release it in yard

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MantidsAreCool

Reaction score
Love these little guys, but the wifey won't have any part in him/her staying in our patio. So I was going to release it somewhere in our backyard. Is there a specific place that would be good to release? I don't know what preys on Mantids (I assume they are pretty high on the insect food chain), but we do have quite a few grass spiders and funnel weavers around our house and by the barn. Not sure who wins in that scenario. Do birds prey on mantids?

Here's a pic of the gorgeous specimen.

MantidsAreCool.jpg

I put a big chinese adult female on a potted plumeria outside and would visit her daily. After a week, she disappeared. :( Maybe a bird, I don't know. One thing is for sure...She's GONE! Dang Nabbit! Maybe something did nab-it. :eek:

Edit: Got home today and found her back on her plumeria. I don't know where she went, but I'm happy she's back. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I got two I was feeding, gave one a dubia yesterday, the other ran and hid, so they stay nearby, but will hide, I thought a bird got one of them yesterday,. but when I went back out it was there.!

Latest posts