Mantidforum Software Update

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, the text shows up but I can't click it.

2016-02-08 (3).png

By the way, I love that you can directly upload pics from your computer onto the forum now instead of having to get the URL, this is something I have wanted on the Allpet roaches forum for a while! :)  

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Hisserdude,

I appreciate your input in the post above. That's very helpful. I have a note in to tech support with the hosting/software company. 

The other forums will follow suit after we sort things out here.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Hey Lame, could you describe for Sticky how you successfully changed your avatar, please?

Hey Hisserdude,

I appreciate your input in the post above. That's very helpful. I have a note in to tech support with the hosting/software company. 

Thanks for the help everyone.

Hey Lame, could you describe for Sticky how you successfully changed your avatar, please?
For sure buddy. :)

No problem, glad I could be of assistance! :)  Look forward to the software changes on the other forums!

Hey Hisserdude,

Hi Peter, 

I tried posting an ad in the "Mantises for Sale" category, but I can't find the button to post a new topic. I also tried going to "Create" and I see the exact same thing as Hisserdude's post from Monday (the "Mantises for Sale/Wanted" is grayed out and unclickable). I am confused because I thought the issue has been fixed and I see other people posting things there just a few hours ago. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Hi Peter, 

I tried posting an ad in the "Mantises for Sale" category, but I can't find the button to post a new topic. I also tried going to "Create" and I see the exact same thing as Hisserdude's post from Monday (the "Mantises for Sale/Wanted" is grayed out and unclickable). I am confused because I thought the issue has been fixed and I see other people posting things there just a few hours ago. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Little confused about what you're saying. If you go into Mantids for Sale you should see Start New Topic on the right side of the page. You should be able to just click on that. 

Capturesfd.JPG

Sorry I should've just attached a screenshot so I'll be making more sense, haha. Yeah, for some reason I don't see that "Start New Topic" button. I am logged in and I tried logging out and logging back in, trying a different browser, clearing my cache, etc.

The strange thing is that I see other people posting new "for sale" topics. Maybe there's a bug/glitch with my account?

mantidforum screenshot 1.pngmantidforum screenshot 2.png

I did a little bit of digging, since I do coding for a living. :p  

The URL for posting a topic in the "General Discussion" forum is this: 

http://mantidforum.net/forums/index.php?/forum/9-general-mantid-discussions/&do=add

I manually modified the URL so that it's for posting a topic in the "Mantids for Sale" forum (the text in red is what I replaced)

http://mantidforum.net/forums/index.php?/forum/6-mantids-for-salewanted/&do=add 

When I click on my new URL, I get this error. Looks like my account doesn't have permissions to post a topic in the forum. The error code is: 2C137/3. Normally, I should be able to go to this URL: http://mantidforum.net/forums/index.php?/forum/6-mantids-for-salewanted/&do=add, which would've been the same URL that appears if I had a "Post new topic" button. 

Have you seen this issue before? Seems to be an issue with my account permissions. 

mantidforum screenshot error.png

I can't recall seeing this issue personally. Like you said others are using the classifieds without issue. We'll look into your issue.

I can't recall seeing this issue personally. Like you said others are using the classifieds without issue. We'll look into your issue.
Thanks! Yeah it's really weird, must be a random glitch or something. Please let me know if you're able to figure anything out. Perhaps if there's some way to check my user account permissions, I don't know...

PlayingMantis, womantis go ahead and try it now....

Ive been trying to upload a picture for my profile but it says they take up too much memory. Will have to resize and process my photos. Loving this new software now that I can find my way around!

I am having a hard time with the new software here. Can u tell me if there is an UP button so one does not have to scroll all the way back up? And if I miss any newbies, I am sorry as I can't tell one post from another. so WELCOME ONE AND ALL!

Did we lose the "Members" category?  It's not in the header and I can't figure out where it is now...

Uploading photos is so much easier now!  Thanks!

Hibiscusmile,

In the blue line that shows the page you're on, that double arrow on the left will take you to the beginning.

Do you know how to find the member list?  It's not in the header anymore...

Do you know how to find the member list?  It's not in the header anymore...
I've went looking for it and it doesn't seem to exist (like many other things including friends, message preview or posting options, and so many other things). Seems even several links/buttons give errors too such as Support at top.

Latest posts