Mantidforum Software Update

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Thomas

I thought it was just old me who couldn't find it.  I've also hit some pages that I get errors on.  Glad you're back!

Nancy

Friendlist is no more, it's more up to date.. the friend system is built kinda like?.. twitter.  Not that I'm on there (or much a fan of...) but ideally the same concept. 

Lol... sucks you guys don't like the new update or having issues. I personally love it since I'm always mobile and access the forum through my phone, 100% of the time now..

Yeah, I'm not into twitter either.  Without the member list, I was wondering how to find the profiles---but, I just moved my mouse to LAME and your profile popped right up.  Guess we all just have to fiddle around and find the new ins and outs.  I am coming around---I love the drop and drag feature for photos.  Can you send them directly from your phone? I only have the phone camera and I have been emailing photos to my computer and dragging them from there.  Is there an easier way?  Thanks!

I've went looking for it and it doesn't seem to exist (like many other things including friends, message preview or posting options, and so many other things). Seems even several links/buttons give errors too such as Support at top.
It exists. Click in the SEARCH window at top right and a selection menu will open on the left where you can select MEMBERS. I've found that you can then click on the little magnifying glass icon and it will bring up the members list. On that screen you can sort by join date, post, count, etc. just like the old software.

Rick

Thanks for "searching" it out!  It's more involved but it is there.  I just wrote it all down so I'd remember.

Do you know if IPhone photos can move directly to forum or do I need to continue putting them on my computer and then dragging them over? (I love being able to do that but wondering if there is a simpler way?)

It exists. Click in the SEARCH window at top right and a selection menu will open on the left where you can select MEMBERS. I've found that you can then click on the little magnifying glass icon and it will bring up the members list. On that screen you can sort by join date, post, count, etc. just like the old software.
Nice, thanks for pointing it out Rick. I made a bookmark for the list of all members. A great bonus of the search is selecting only members by various settings too. ;)

I agree it is a bit awkward. I'm still trying to figure out some things myself. 

Not sure on that Deacon. 

Thanks, Rick.

Hey, Thomas, how do you bookmark the members list?  I wrote the instructions on a piece of paper that may get lost...

Anyone else having a problem editing their posts? I am on a mobile device and when I do what I need to while editing and press save, it doesn't save, it doesn't do anything at all. So basically I can't edit my posts now, at least not on my mobile device. I haven't tried it on my computer.

Deacon you should be able to upload directly from your phone. When replying in threads there's a link under your text window that says " click to choose files..."

Simply tap or click that link, you should be able to upload that way. Though... I'm still using the photo bucket method to preserve space. 

Latest posts