MANTIS DISPLAY UNIT

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gassy

Reaction score
Decided to build a nice looking display unit holding 6 of my favourite species.
DSC_0566_zps23993e43.jpg

DSC_0567_zps3bc4cae8.jpg

DSC_0568_zpsf4f97ea7.jpg

DSC_0544_zps533dcaa4.jpg

Those are some really nice enclosures for your pet mantids. What you will be keeping in each one?

P. Paradoxa female, sphodromantis lineola male and female, creobroter gemmatus female and deroplatys lobata male and female . Thanks for comments:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. I would add more sticks and branches so if some of your mantids are still immature they will have something to hang on.

Very nice build, my suggestion is to move the hinges to the bottom for a drop down door, that way you don't fight gravity with the doors or have a stick ready to prop the door open.

I did think about hinging the other way but just have a stick to prop doors when neccessary. No they are not ten gallon aquariums they are made from a material called tresspa. This is used widely in the uk for toilet cubicles in public places etc. Totally waterproof so suited for the humidity , two boxes of three compartments are built and then clad with moisture resistant mdf sealed with 3 coats of non toxic varnish. Perspex doors and upstand are used and a removable mesh frame sits along the top of each level creating hanging area and good ventilation. I also incorporated a cupboard with vent at back to store live foods etc with lighting . Led lights were used on each level and they were purchased from tmart.com .

Latest posts