mantisdeperu

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Purchase update: In the beginning of July I purchased an ooth off of Christian, It did hatch, but unfortunaly it was wasps. I emailed him about it and he had me send him pictures of them, which I did. He said he would resend me another one. He did not, even though he said he would in a couple of emails, he asked me for time that he was busy with school. I gave it to him. I had also purchased another ooth off of him, which never came. During this time I received a PM from a member on the forum here. He asked me if Christian had sent me his package by mistake, this is what he said Christian had told him as to why his package never came. I replied and told him no, that I had not heard from him in a while, he said he could not get him to answer his PMs either. The following evening I received a PM from Christian asking me to wait 4 more days and he would find out what happened to them. That was on october 2nd. I have Pm him again this last week and still no return PM. Ido not have the other persons email due to the new forum and losing the pm due to space. The following are copies of our PMs to each other.

From: mantisdeperu To: hibiscusmile Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:29 am Subject: Re: 2 Ooths Hi. I had some problems with the ooths so i was waiting for my female lays the ooth (Pseudovates) Now I have 2 fresh ooths (Pseudovates and Oxyopsis) and tomorrow I will send you all together. The shipping takes 10 days so please only wait.

Keep in touch and many sorry for delay

Christian Fernando

Re:no ooths, Oct 19 2007, 10:34 PM https://mantidforum.net/index.php?showuser=763

Advanced Member

Group: Members

Member No.: 763

Hello, I have not received the two ooths you said were sent to me in September. If you cannot send them please refund my $80.00 to [email protected]. Please let me know. Rebecca

Hi Rebecca, many sorry for the delay, but I sent ypour ooth some days ago and I dont what happen, please only give me 4 days to ask what hapen ok?

Keep in touch and many sorry again

Hello, it has ben almost 3 weeks since you said you would like 4 days, I really would like my money back and forget the deal. please send it to [email protected]. I would like an email back to know you are going to send it.

Rebecca

[SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]

That last PM was sent to him on the 19 of Oct. and he has not replied. Sorry for all the space this took, but I have sent him $80.00 and that was 4 months ago. By now the ooths should of hatched and be in their 4 or 5 instar. Much time has been wasted and money, but most of all I thought I could count on him, I am sorry to say I cannot. It seems some people here receive their ooths from him while others do not. This is evident by the varied posts here.

The reason I am posting here is obvious, but the other reason is I told Peter I would post on the "breeders" whether it was good or bad. I meant what I said to him and this is one of those posts.

Hello At Christian Fernando and Others,

maybe sometimes you send.

But i wait in 3 month 1 year for my Oothecas.

I have send you fertile Oothecas from more Species where breed in Germany from me.

Thats 240.- Euro and you send me nothing !!

only you are ill and sick and feel better. you send next Monday and last E-Mail you say

one Ootheca is on way to me.

Now to me come nothing and thats verry sad.

Ok, you have in one E-mail the Oothecas dont hatched and one hatched and next day all

Nymphs dead.

I have all Species i send to you now in breed in my home. i am sure all was fertile what i

send to you and this is not corect from you.

Best regards at all!

Sascha

Hear nothing back from Christian (Peru) again after sending him many oothecae of different species.

Christian, if you see this, please reply my PM.

I am happy to say that the ooths I asked for have arrived and look to be in good condition. It took some time and a bit of haggling, but in the end I got the ooths I wanted at a price I could live with. Thanks Christian! I will post later regarding the hatch rate.

I swapped 2 times with him.my packages arrived in good condition.he always told me he will send his ooths soon,but short before or even if he said he has send, the contact broke and nothing has arrived yet.i dont know if the package´s get hold and i can´t imagine this.now almost a half year has past and nothing has arrived.got someone of you experience with this guy?do you think he will send something to me?

please note:I DO NOT want to mark him as a cheater.I only wonder about the situation.

I hope someone can tell me about him.

best regards,Marius

I´m waiting 4 years for my ooths, he told me that he sent the ooths but.....nothing, he allways do the same, he NEVER send any ooth; I paid 50 euros and I didn't recive my ooths.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please revise your post to explain personal transaction.

:( check out the breeders feedback, he is very unreliable, best not to deal with him, I have heard from him early summer and he promises to send what he owes me, but never did. That is what the breeders feedback section is good for, before you buy from someone, check to see if they have feedback and what kind they received from the other forum members.

Finally, I have learned

Personal transaction information only. No name calling.

He seems has record his owning me something, and promising to resend, but never did after almost a year.

My reply heree is long, long overdue and I feel very embarrassed about it.

I was one of the first (if not first ?) people to deal with Christian and left good feedback here somewhere.

We spent a lot of time on MSN talking about mantids and various unrelated topics. He always seemed very knowledgeable with regard to mantids and their identification - this is no easy task and I'm always impressed by that ability.

The first transactions went very smoothly. He was aware that I would never send non-indigenous species to peru, but that was fine. He appeared genuinely interested in ecosystems etc.

Time passed and we came (what I believed) to be mates, though I now realise that was his way of instilling trust in people. This is the greatest reason I feel cheated; I trusted him.

This led me to recommend him to a dealer that I have known for a few years. i insisted that we would be okay sending Christian money in advance to cover travel into the jungle. This was over a year ago and nothing has been sent to us. He has promised to return the money ~£100 but to no avail.

No name calling.

He cannot be trusted in any way, shape or form.

Rob.

I'm going to have to agree with exactly what Rob said.

I also spent a lot of time talking to him on MSN - and even received a Christmas card and present from him as well! Built up a good friendship with him; so I thought.

When I paid for a Texas unicorn ootheca, which was fairly overpriced as it was - it turned up as a shrivelled bit ootheca of another species. When I contacted him, I didn't get any replies.

I know that he was very ill in hospital for a long period, but this doesn't compensate for the fact he's stolen people's money.

I'd give Christian a miss.

I also made bad experiences. He offered me a Callibia ooth. I send him three ooths (I was kindly enough to offer him two and even put a third into the parcel) of two different species (and you know that I'm almost never giving away ooths!) but didn't get anything. It's about half a year now. I will not deal with him again and I recommand you to do the same. He's always showing off with super-duper species but was not able to deliver anyone of them to Europe yet. Everyone can put on the dog with wild-caught mantids. I would like to see some fertile ooth originating from those mantids arriving over here one day! Lucky enough I was cautious not to make any money deals yet.

I swapped some ooths with him as well, first time went allright..

But I was also interested in a Callibia ooth and some others. But at that moment I didn't have any ooths to swap.

So I bought them:( He should have send them 4/5 weeks ago, but after reading all of this I don't expect much:(

Bye 100 euro:(

So he sent "my" Callibia ooth to you as well (he told me there is only one ooth)? :huh: Hm, at least he learned some tricks from the global financial crisis.... :lol:

Haha, I guess so :lol:

He said to me he only send the ooths of this species to some friends and me..

I have dealt with him once, I shipped him 5 European mantid oothecae as a trade for some native species from his country, he had promised me to ship some giant cave roach oothecae as a trade which was a month ago. And at around the same time had agreed to buy from me a couple of Tenodera aridifolia oothecae which I had reserved for him even though

other people were interested buying them from me.He told me a couple times that he was going to send me the money the next week but he never did and has been silence towards me ever since.

Yen appeared to have had a good experience with him, but from my experience that wasn't the case, beware has he doesn't to be always realible.
Hi. I sent you 2 messages and told you taht I will send you 1 Orthoderella ornata ooth in 2 weeks. I need your address please.

Ok so i have been not so sure if i want to do business with this guy cause of all the negative breeder feedback i have been hearing.... at first when i said that i did not like the look of his breeder feedback he said that he could ship me the ooths. first then i would pay, then i thought that it would be kinda risky so i kept talking to him ..... Pm after Pm and we finally figured out an agreement he will send me the oooths and i pay after they hatch!!!! Thanks a lot mantisdeperu

all i have to say is give this guy a second chance he is very nice

Purchase update: In the beginning of July I purchased an ooth off of Christian, It did hatch, but unfortunaly it was wasps. I emailed him about it and he had me send him pictures of them, which I did. He said he would resend me another one. He did not, even though he said he would in a couple of emails, he asked me for time that he was busy with school. I gave it to him. I had also purchased another ooth off of him, which never came. During this time I received a PM from a member on the forum here. He asked me if Christian had sent me his package by mistake, this is what he said Christian had told him as to why his package never came. I replied and told him no, that I had not heard from him in a while, he said he could not get him to answer his PMs either. The following evening I received a PM from Christian asking me to wait 4 more days and he would find out what happened to them. That was on october 2nd. I have Pm him again this last week and still no return PM. Ido not have the other persons email due to the new forum and losing the pm due to space. The following are copies of our PMs to each other.From: mantisdeperu To: hibiscusmile Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:29 am Subject: Re: 2 Ooths Hi. I had some problems with the ooths so i was waiting for my female lays the ooth (Pseudovates) Now I have 2 fresh ooths (Pseudovates and Oxyopsis) and tomorrow I will send you all together. The shipping takes 10 days so please only wait.

Keep in touch and many sorry for delay

Christian Fernando

Re:no ooths, Oct 19 2007, 10:34 PM https://mantidforum.net/index.php?showuser=763

Advanced Member

Group: Members

Member No.: 763

Hello, I have not received the two ooths you said were sent to me in September. If you cannot send them please refund my $80.00 to [email protected]. Please let me know. Rebecca

Hi Rebecca, many sorry for the delay, but I sent ypour ooth some days ago and I dont what happen, please only give me 4 days to ask what hapen ok?

Keep in touch and many sorry again

Hello, it has ben almost 3 weeks since you said you would like 4 days, I really would like my money back and forget the deal. please send it to [email protected]. I would like an email back to know you are going to send it.

Rebecca

[SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]

That last PM was sent to him on the 19 of Oct. and he has not replied. Sorry for all the space this took, but I have sent him $80.00 and that was 4 months ago. By now the ooths should of hatched and be in their 4 or 5 instar. Much time has been wasted and money, but most of all I thought I could count on him, I am sorry to say I cannot. It seems some people here receive their ooths from him while others do not. This is evident by the varied posts here.

The reason I am posting here is obvious, but the other reason is I told Peter I would post on the "breeders" whether it was good or bad. I meant what I said to him and this is one of those posts.
Rebeca. I sent your 2 ooth and htey hatched so i sent them to francisco Torres. I promess this time, that I sent you 1 Pseudovates peruviana and 1 Oxyopsis peruviana ooth in 10 days. Please, don´t reply to me untill you receive these ooths.

My reply heree is long, long overdue and I feel very embarrassed about it.I was one of the first (if not first ?) people to deal with Christian and left good feedback here somewhere.

We spent a lot of time on MSN talking about mantids and various unrelated topics. He always seemed very knowledgeable with regard to mantids and their identification - this is no easy task and I'm always impressed by that ability.

The first transactions went very smoothly. He was aware that I would never send non-indigenous species to peru, but that was fine. He appeared genuinely interested in ecosystems etc.

Time passed and we came (what I believed) to be mates, though I now realise that was his way of instilling trust in people. This is the greatest reason I feel cheated; I trusted him.

This led me to recommend him to a dealer that I have known for a few years. i insisted that we would be okay sending Christian money in advance to cover travel into the jungle. This was over a year ago and nothing has been sent to us. He has promised to return the money ~£100 but to no avail.

No name calling.

He cannot be trusted in any way, shape or form.

Rob.
Rob, i realy need to talk with you, can we talk by msn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts