Mendica nymph enclosure suggestions thread

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aychen222

Reaction score
Does anyone have any good designs, material, or precautionary suggestions for a mendica enclosure? I have a bunch of L1s and the biggest things I am concerned with are good footing, visibility, and keeping fruit flies in.

IMAG2983.jpg

IMAG2973.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted some in Blepharopsis mendica consolidated, I will repost them here if that is ok... This is the adult enclosure...I keep a heat lamp and light over it. When they are little, I keep them in small groups, usually 2 or 3 with climbing aids on the sides of a 32 ounce deli cup and sticks glued to the lid. At about L 5 I put them in a XL hex with the lid covered in twigs for gripping.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm using meshed ketchup cups right now,should last them til around L4,seem to be doing fine,the ones you sent have already molted to L2 in them,I was maybe going to add in one tiny stick in each though,once they outgrow these I'll just use normal sized cups with lots of sticks and also mesh,one thing is that they don't stick very well so i suggest lots of climbing objects for them to get to the top either way,but even in the plastic they seem to be doing ok. I'm lamping the babies with a night time lizard bulb 24/7 as thats what I did when i had them last year above L2 and had no issues,I'll start using a day bulb as well when they are L4+,I just wasn't sure how much heat the nymphs could handle as L1s lol

Latest posts