moulting too fast

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparky

The Skate Life
Reaction score
I have this L1 chinese nymph that was still an L1 when all the others were L3's.

It molted 4 days ago so that makes it an L2, but yesterday I accidentaly crushed it a little while closing the lid.

Now today, right now, it's molting again to an L3. 4 days after its last molt.

Is this OK or will it make the mantis weak and flimsy? Anybody else have this problem?

I dont know. Its still molting right now. its been an hour. Think its stuck?

L2 and has been moulting for an hour is not a good thing :? , all u can really do is give it a light misting and hope for the best :roll:

YES! it came out perfectly!!! not even a bent attena!!! WOO HOO! *phew*

I'm really really really lucky! Now I have 3 L3's :lol:

wow thats pretty cool but no i dont think he's in any serios troble molting that much if he has the skin to get rid of i bet he'll be fine

right after the molt my grandma killed it :cry: I wanted to see what happens to this wierd mantis, BUT it's fast life has been cut short :(

I once caught a 1 1/2 inch European (L4? L5?) and it molted about 3 days later. 4 days after that, it molted again. It molted one more time a week later. I was averaging about 5 days per molt.

After that, it was a subadult, and even as a subadult it was bigger than most adults are. I left it with a friend when I went on a trip, but he told me it didn't molt correctly for its last molt and was bent out of shape and died before I got back. It's a shame, because it would have been a giant.

She's literally blind. She scared it and it jumped on the floor and she stepped on it. She killed my other mantids while they were molting she bumpped their containers.