Murphy's Mantids

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope it stays warm here so I can finally get some different insects for the mantises. Really nice photos.

Action shot. I think they were kung fu fighting.

attachicon.gif
DSCF2349.JPG
they're break dance fighting... mine do that too ;)

Wow Congratz that looks like more then 150 nymphs .... Ur hatch looks bigger then my hatch when i got the ooth lol ...

Congratz Good to see my ooth hatching out left and right once again lol ...

My wife bought a new camera for an upcoming trip, but of course, I had other designs. I discreetly borrowed it for some "testing".

My favorite plus-size model:

DSCN0022.jpg

DSCN0024.jpg

L4 Brunner's:

DSCN0030.jpg

L3 Griff:

DSCN0050.jpg

L2 Tau:

DSCN0054.jpg

Traded OctRain some roaches for a budwing ootheca, and it did not disappoint.

BudwingHatch.jpg

Failed Carolina mating attempt. My boy came close but no cigar. At least he survived to try again another day.

CarolMale2.jpg

CarolFe1.jpg

CarolinaMate1st.jpg

First Creo of mine to molt to adult!

CreoFinger.jpg

CreoAloe.jpg

Exactly to my untrained eye like my californicas too!
Believe me, anything from California would be out of place here. Just kidding ;) These were born and bred right here in AL...such a great and variable—at least in color—little species.

Believe me, anything from California would be out of place here. Just kidding ;) These were born and bred right here in AL...such a great and variable—at least in color—little species.
i'm gonna send u a cali ooth when one of the gals lays one

maybe I will mate them both again so their empusas are extra ready to throw ooth material :lol:

If you do send an ooth, I promise to acclimate them to the customs down here. I'm the farthest thing from country, but I'll turn them into country mantids in no time. Lay off the empusa. ;)