Music!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Minutes to Midnight was a good album and probably the most unique/diverse music we've heard from them. I agree they are fading away, but I think they still have plenty of creative ideas.

I'm pretty much preoccupied with 1985, all the hair and makeup + the usual suspects, Sex Pistols, The Pretenders, The Ramones, Blondie...then Depeche Mode, Joy Division/New Order. Then there's my rock heritage, The Stones, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin (we're not worthy!) and the best band of all time, Queen.

I have a dangerous disorder that causes me to roll over and die if I hear country music, so I don't know the first thing about it.

I'm pretty much preoccupied with 1985, all the hair and makeup + the usual suspects, Sex Pistols, The Pretenders, The Ramones, Blondie...then Depeche Mode, Joy Division/New Order. Then there's my rock heritage, The Stones, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin (we're not worthy!)
mmmmm Sex Pistols.....

Led Zepplin is pretty tite.

I'm going to see Coheed and Cambria Friday!!

Seen them once a few years back and it was a life changing experience :p

In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth 3 is the greatest song ever (how pretentious was that?!) B)

Rock and hip/hop (NOT RAP! :angry: ) I like Metallica, chevelle, linkin park, Alice in Chains, and audio slave to name a few.

For hip hop: KRS-One, Eric B. and Rakim, and Public Enemy. B)

oh, and for 80's: Tears for fears, bon jovi, and Duran duran

Last edited by a moderator:
Mostly Alternative Metal. 3 Doors Down, Seether, Breaking Benjamin, Disturbed, Linkin Park.

Some Oldies that still rock, Led Zeppelin and the Rolling Stones.

As well as classical pieces, particularily the Russian composers.

im mostly an oldies guy. Rock n roll baby! Steely Dan is possibly my favorite band, Queen, Led Zep, BTO, oh JIMI HENDRIX rules, black sabbath, nirvana, to name a few. I have lots of instrumentals too, seeing as i play trombone, it kinda fits. I also have lots of things that dont really fit. Weird Al, "step-brother to Jesus", etc...along with some other misfit songs. I have everything from Sabbath to Neil diamond to LA Philharmonic to Big Band! :D

Country, post 1999 rap, opera, and POP above all else make me vomit blood out of my ears. DOnt ask, its pain filled! :D :D :D

i stept over to heavy metal and hardrock. and some other weird stuff

@ obregon: how is there in the 60s?

Looks like I'm in good company...

My current playlist is heavy with the likes of Chevelle, Stained, Linkin Park, Tool, Evanescence, Deftones, Scary Kids & Korn.

Also some older school stuff like Guns and Roses, Stone Temple Pilots, Soundgarden & Velvet Revolver (new but sounds old)...

And just a tiny bit of hip hop...Mostly just Fort Minor, which may as well be Linkin Park, but also a little 311 and Rage against the Machine.

In my opinion Linkin Park is not fading but rather maturing. They are all grown up and no longer a bunch of pisst off youngsters mad at the world and screaming about it. I like the direction they are going, and plan to go along for the ride.

indeed, lp has got its best time. my playlist is actualy this:

drowning pool(bodies)

disturbed ( ten thousand fists, sickness, stricken, scared lie)

lp(crwlng, dont stay runaway)

thousand foot krutch(phenomenom)

whitin temptation(what have u done, solemn hour, hearth of everything)

evanascense(origin, hounted, whisper.)

bon jovi(its my life)

30 second to mars(edge of the earth)

breaking benjamin(blow me away, too much to list :lol: )

hiphop:

remember the name

public enemy (fight the power!!!!!)

themes:

techno james bond mix

M:I mix

kill bill: battle whithout honor and humanity

and weird all yankovich

Since my current job is to stand in one spot and weld stuff for 10 hours, my playlist consists of 167 songs... including three entire albums by Chevelle and Stained.

Latest posts