Music!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I don't mind you saying that because you wouldent know. All you listen to is teenagers screaming there butts of. :lol: :lol: :lol:
my dad use to play classic in house.. i know where i,m talkin about and heavy metal people arent teenage.. unless you call 25-35 teenage :lol:

Nope... you are wrong again as usual. Heavy Metal is music based on loud heavy guitar riffs, mainly extremely distorted bass guitar, and may or may not contain screaming. Teenagers screaming their butts off now fall into the genre known as Screamo and may or may not contain heavy guitar. Your generalization of the two as being the same is about as accurate as saying Mantids and Phasmids are the same simply cuz some of both are colored green and they are after all both insects. <_<

Nope... you are wrong again as usual. Heavy Metal is music based on loud heavy guitar riffs, mainly extremely distorted bass guitar, and may or may not contain screaming. Teenagers screaming their butts off now fall into the genre known as Screamo and may or may not contain heavy guitar. Your generalization of the two as being the same is about as accurate as saying Mantids and Phasmids are the same simply cuz some of both are colored green and they are after all both insects. <_<
Agree. And your playlist is excellent. Rage against the machine, STP, Velvet Revolver, and Soundgarden (black hole sun) are great artists.

Idolomantis,

the 60s is great! s*x, drugs, and rock and roll! what could be better? B) :p

Nope... you are wrong again as usual. Heavy Metal is music based on loud heavy guitar riffs, mainly extremely distorted bass guitar, and may or may not contain screaming. Teenagers screaming their butts off now fall into the genre known as Screamo and may or may not contain heavy guitar. Your generalization of the two as being the same is about as accurate as saying Mantids and Phasmids are the same simply cuz some of both are colored green and they are after all both insects.
Tell it to him like it is! :lol:

I completely agree. Heavy metal is enjoyable, screamo is not. Simple as that imo.

Both of those so called genres, have almost the same structure of instruments: guitar, drums, base, vocal. There are probably loads more little details that you would like to shove in my face, but to me it all sounds the same. I also dont perticulerly enjoy the violent and depressed sounding lericks heard on most of those songs, mabey you do, but I don't realy care. I think that the most prudent thing to do on this subject is to agrea to disagrea. There are very many types of music and to some people think heavy medal sounds like a chalk being draged across a chalk board, and some people find classical extremely boring! Mabey if you just listen to a type of music you dont like more often, you like it more and more. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Both of those so called genres, have almost the same structure of instruments: guitar, drums, base, vocal. There are probably loads more little details that you would like to shove in my face, but to me it all sounds the same. I also dont perticulerly enjoy the violent and depressed sounding lericks heard on most of those songs, mabey you do, but I don't realy care. I think that the most prudent thing to do on this subject is to agrea to disagrea. There are very many types of music and to some people think heavy medal sounds like a chalk being draged across a chalk board, and some people find classical extremely boring! Mabey if you just listen to a type of music you dont like more often, you like it more and more. :D
heavy metal vocals doesnt sing about depression lmao that are emo,s. do think heavy metals are suicidal or something :D

Dance, D+B, Rock, Rap, Jungle, Electro... The list goes on. Pretty much everything modern. But not screeming music and not classical.

But Pendulum are my favourite band at the moment. They are truly an amazing band, if you like D+B.

I like Muse a lot too.

The only reseon I like it alot is becaese my dad runs a jazz band. Ive been listening to it ever since I was two, and before that my dad ran a rock band, lol. :)

With those criteria, death metal and bluegrass are one and the same! Jazz isnt bad if the sax isnt omnipresent. I think sax players have their egos up their horn. We humble trombone players are the true stars lol. :p
How should I know, DETAILS DETAILS DETAILS DETAILS DETAILS DETAILS. <_< It doesent matter, still same sort of structure.

Latest posts