My first Mantis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YES! get the plasters ready they bite like mad.. :lol: im joking..iv never been bit..all tho iv been striked at with there front claws.but only because i was winding them up.i was trying to get them to pull a threat pose for some pictures i was taking.if your nice with them there nice with u.

Last edited by a moderator:
YES! get the plasters ready they bite like mad.. :lol: im joking..iv never been bit..all tho iv been striked at with there front claws.but only because i was winding them up.i was trying to get them to pull a threat pose for some picstures i was taking.if your nice with them there nice with u.
Cool thanks also ive got a problem i keep emailng matthwtinnion because hes ment to be sending me a mantis but he isnt replying what should i do?

No offense or anything, but asking that kind of question indicates that you haven't done much research/reading on the basics... and you already have one coming your way?

oh u mean martin..i guees all u can do is email him and wait...not very good busness skills tho is it when they dont return your emails.

No offense or anything, but asking that kind of question indicates that you haven't done much research/reading on the basics... and you already have one coming your way?
I agree.

Mantids don't bite however they can pitch if grabbed.

oh u mean martin..i guees all u can do is email him and wait...not very good busness skills tho is it when they dont return your emails.
No, he means Matthew Tinnion ;) I've sent mantids to him a far few times over the past couple of years, he's fine.

Cool thanks also ive got a problem i keep emailng matthwtinnion because hes ment to be sending me a mantis but he isnt replying what should i do?
Maybe he is just busy ? How long have you been waiting for a reply ?

who is matthwtinnion..never heard of him..he sale mantids?i want some new speices..whats he got?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mantids can bit but thier grabs worse lol, a bite will hardly or not penetrate the skin

UNLESS he is sending you one of those vampire mantis .. they have 4" fangs !!! :lol:

While I have not been bitten, I would imaging they could bite you. If you just let them walk on you I do not see it happening, though I would NOT let them walk on your face.

When I was young I used to catch wild ones and let them crawl all over me, never got bitten or stuck at.

He got his mantis like he wanted and he sed it has eaten and it nice and fat. I typed up a document about the basics of mantid care for him. The details may have 1 or 2 errors but my mantid is fine how I care for him so I don't see why his will be any different.

Erm, do a search on the forum. I remember people stating that they've been "bitten" by their mantis(es). First, they claw you to get a nice grip. Then, they start chew/eating you. These people mention lots of bleeding and lots of pain.

If you just let them walk on you I do not see it happening, though I would NOT let them walk on your face.
Heh, if only that were as easy to do as stating it. Maybe it's just me, but I don't know how many mantis face hugs I've gotten over the years. :lol: I've never been bitten or clawed at by a mantis, in return I try to reframe from accidentally squishing or swatting them. XD

Whats with all the player hating, I must have sent you 10 emails back and forward all weekend, geesus,

I said ide send it monday and I did, for free, as you killed the last one, remember? ;)

Its ok tho I understand the anticipation, I get it just waiting for printer carts from ebay, haha.

Mat.

Latest posts