my ghosts are growing up

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warpdrive

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

well, I'm back online and can finally post some photos.

how about some hand feeding crickets? no problem guys...

5326497120_81042ccd2d_z.jpg

5325890779_64e91a2706_z.jpg

here is a link to my first green ghost just molted to L5 on my birthday...you can see the old skin behind the mantid. (don't know how to do this other then a link)

Harry

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice colors you have there!
thank you. I have 1 other green one and a grayish one. the rest are redish brown like above.

btw, the photos are of the ghosts I got from you at L2. they are doing great.

thank you once again.

Harry

Have you noticed them looking almost "moldy" before molting to green? I have one that has a weird greenish cast, but it has just been developing that & I believe it will molt soon.

That first photo is one of my favorites on the forum so far. Really great pose. As a marketer, I'd say "that photo alone posted next to the BUY NOW button will increase impulse sales by 20%".

Nice work.

Have you noticed them looking almost "moldy" before molting to green? I have one that has a weird greenish cast, but it has just been developing that & I believe it will molt soon.
I can't say. I do look close and truly don't see that. yet I'm not an expert yet and it could be true.

they also normaly molt just before I wake up so I never even seen them shake before they molt.

Harry

That first photo is one of my favorites on the forum so far. Really great pose. As a marketer, I'd say "that photo alone posted next to the BUY NOW button will increase impulse sales by 20%".

Nice work.
thank you, and I'll use it when I post some babies for sale. :p

Harry

It may be that you are a little low on humidity, the green coloration appears to be both a genetic and environmental function. I have a green adult that has faded with the drop in humidity. I shall increase his humidity right now and let you know what happens.Edit. No I won't! I just found him fdead in his pot! RIP!

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry to hear it Phil.

personaly, the humidity in my pots and terrariums are between 60%-80% durring the day. 70%-90% at night. the terrarium only needs a morning misting due to the glass and lights...it can go way up at night when it drys much slower.

Harry

I posted this somewhere else, but my colonies under high heat (85-100) and moderate humidity were almost entirely dark brown or black. The other colony with low heat (68-75) and roughly the same humidity (maybe higher) were all green, yellow and tan - nothing darker than a very light brown. Kinda makes sense if they're trying to match foliage - hot and dry = brown, withered leave, cooler and humid making brighter, greener leaves. All just observational, but pretty consistent.

Latest posts