My mantid collection

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malakyoma

Reaction score
I decided instead of making a new topic every time I want to post new pictures, I'd make one general topic and keep updating it with new pictures. Here is where I am with my collection aside from what you've already seen.

I decided instead of making a new topic every time I want to post new pictures, I'd make one general topic and keep updating it with new pictures. Here is where I am with my collection aside from what you've already seen.
keep up the love for mantis there is much more species for you to try haha ... Soon if u know what I mean ....~~~!!!

Nice update! :clap: I like the story of them all molting at/near same time...thats really cool! I like the majusculas, such a quaint yes voracious specie! ;)

Nice photos. Too bad you don't have a male Popa to go with those females (or do you?). All the Popas you shared photos of are evidently female.

My red majuscula is so violent! she saw a hydei out of the corner of her eye and CHASED IT DOWN. running a popsicle stick and a half to the sponge where it sat. didn't even wait for it to move she just grabbed at it. then did it AGAIN with the next hydei I put on that sponge.

November 24th update: Includes Red/Brown Majuscula, Creobroter pictipennis subadult, and Popa spurca subadult.

red/brown majuscula: L3 nymph. I think he's male. what do you think?

Jade, pre-subadult female Creobroter pictipennis. Half eats a cricket then drops its still kicking body. What a waste. Guess the mealworms will enjoy it. Nice shot of the wings forming as well.

Sudowoodo, pre-subadult female Popa spurca. Decided she would pose for me today. cant get over how big she is.

Last edited by a moderator: