My Mantis Thinks She is a Parrot

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krissim Klaw

Reaction score
My Creo mantis, Zombie, is the most chill mantis ever. I can stick her on my shoulder and she will hang out there for hours. All the other mantises I have owned would immediatlly try to crawl up my head if I tried something like this. Tickly mantis toes and necks don't mix. :surrender:

She does admittedly find pumpkins sort of disturbing.

Disturbed-Zombie_zpse6f2e93c.jpg

Discuss, how mantises only get neater the longer you keep them.

Discuss, how mantises only get neater the longer you keep them.
Well it's obvious. They get used to you, they don't see you as a threat, they learn that they are safe where they live so they chill and are more tolerant. So there's no need to go anywhere. This applies specially for those that were born in captivity.

Aw, she's so cute! I love the mantises that can hang out with you. They're so much fun. :)
I love having them out around my room on their different plants. They never get boring to look at.

Well it's obvious. They get used to you, they don't see you as a threat, they learn that they are safe where they live so they chill and are more tolerant. So there's no need to go anywhere. This applies specially for those that were born in captivity.
I meant that last statement more as a general statement on how I am always finding new things to enjoy about keeping mantises.

Most of the mantises I keep are captive bred but I have found wild mantises to be just as easy to handle. I do agree that mantises have some capacity to learn and recognize certain things as not being threat worthy. That being said, I wouldn't say Zombie is somehow more tame. Most mantises just tend to want to climb up if there is an easily higher perch offered.

It is so funny how different the mantids can be. My first creo( cleopatra), was so laid back. Her sister was a little nutball :)

Better make sure you breed her if she's that cool. Personality, and behavior are genetic.

Like with those Foxes that got domesticated. The only trait they selected for was liking humans, and now google them. They're all fluffy, and different colored, but they all love humans.

Not sure this mantis actually likes you, and isn't just slightly less motivated to climb than others though.

It is so funny how different the mantids can be. My first creo( cleopatra), was so laid back. Her sister was a little nutball :)
Hahaha, her sister Hex decided to launch herself off the four foot high plant in my room. She waited till I left for a moment to take something to the laundry. I came back and couldn't find her anywhere. I spent two days tearing my room apart looking for her until I found her in the room across the hall. :helpsmilie:

Better make sure you breed her if she's that cool. Personality, and behavior are genetic.

Like with those Foxes that got domesticated. The only trait they selected for was liking humans, and now google them. They're all fluffy, and different colored, but they all love humans.

Not sure this mantis actually likes you, and isn't just slightly less motivated to climb than others though.
She is a complete pet rock. You can set her anywhere and she just vegges out. I've found Creos in general tend to settle down well, but even so usually on something moving like a person I find most of mine get pretty crawly.

Lol creo females are chill for the most part. The males though.. lol

lots of stories about the crazy creo guys. One time one flew from my hand around the room, airborne for like 20 seconds then landed back on my hand, unbelievable little flyers

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol creo females are chill for the most part. The males though.. lol

lots of stories about the crazy creo guys. One time one flew from my hand around the room, airborne for like 20 seconds then landed back on my hand, unbelievable little flyers
Yep, the boys are little flutter butts. I have my boy, Taboo, in my 3ft net cage so he can get a little flying in when he feels really roamy.

Lol... My parrots love my shoulder but will also climb to the highest spot (my head) depending on their mood ^.^

Latest posts