My new generation of Texas unicorn

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yen_saw

Forum Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was shock to find hatchling in one of the Texas unicorn adult female cage, yeah i am too busy (or lazy :roll: ) to remove the ooth. When checking the cage, i found that the female is dead :cry: but glad the new generation climbing aorund.

deadf1.jpg

deadf4.jpg

While the first generation is still hatching, i have some first generation grew into adult recently.

apair1.jpg

af13.jpg

af12.jpg

af11.jpg

Man, that container looks awfully dirty...

This species has recently arrived to Poland, and I have been offered a chance to buy a couple of them...

After seeing these pictures - I think I will buy them.

Very nice Yen Saw. Been forever since I've been to the boards. Gorgeous critters you have there.

Mainly because I don't think its good enough for a new thread...

One of my L2 nymphs on a young Nepenthes truncata.

L2Nymph.jpg

(might wanna enlarge it)

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, that container looks awfully dirty...This species has recently arrived to Poland, and I have been offered a chance to buy a couple of them...

After seeing these pictures - I think I will buy them.
Opppsss guess you noticed :p that really need cleaning i agree :) which is when i found out her death :( and the newly hatch batch :D

WOW! amazing how fast and far this species been spread around.

Very nice Yen Saw. Been forever since I've been to the boards. Gorgeous critters you have there.
Greg?! Boy where have you been?! Welcome back :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm into mantids from this year's August, and from what I have heard so far, two years ago you could get only Sphodromantids here in Poland ("Booooooring!").

Now we have plenty of different species, in this is only getting better - especially with such "twiggy" species - they usually look quite cool from first to last instar - some bigger mantids look awful before they reach adulthood (P. Guineensis, T. Sinensis)...

Man, I never have imagined that this could be so fun!

Latest posts