my pink mantis laid an ooth

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hatched out a limbata ooth I got from another member and kept a couple of females to mate. One of them had pink tones to it, too. Some of her babies are the same color and others are green. The same thing happened with my S. carolina nymphs. I don't remember if I counted the babies, but the hatches were smaller than the S. carolina and decreased significantly with each hatch. I lost a lot to cannibalism though as I wasn't able to separate them all.

I didn't notice the last ooth that my limbata laid. It was well hidden and never removed from her container. One day I noticed about 20 little babies in her enclosure. Over the next few days I found them around the laundry room as they must have been able to escape through the vents on the Exo terra breeding box.

Did you see her lay the first ooth? You didn't mention if the first ooth was laid the day you made the post. If it was, that is very close together.

Good luck with yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's cool some were pink tinted like their mom. I'm going to attempt to breed the pinkest ones. If there are any.

Too bad you lost a lot of yours. I'm hoping I can separate them all right away when they hatch.

The first ooth was laid like three, or four days before I posted. The second one I posted right after I saw it. I didn't observe any of the process.

Latest posts