My room caught on fire...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry to hear that happened, but I'm glad that you are OK and that it wasn't worse. You're lucky your parents are going to let you continue raising insects.

I would be more worried about the house or room as it can be rebuilt and what not over bugs but thats just me

Sorry to hear that :C

At least you didn't lose your room...

Or it happens when people are home and no one see a flame till the room leaks smoke and blaze in the hallway!!! I think you were very lucky in a sad sort of way.

I'll donate one cool new mantis to your collection as it stands now, just PM me. ;)

Nick- :) -

Idk wat I would do if this happened to me

The forum would probably never hear from me again :eek:

Once I misted my gongies and the bulb above them shattered from the cold water and the whole lamp caught fire

Good thing my mom was asleep by this time...
I did that four times in one day. I am not very smart LOL.I am so sorry to hear this! I really hope you can continue on with your bugs. I am sure if you put out an add in the classified section some of us could help you out.

I did that four times in one day. I am not very smart LOL.

I am so sorry to hear this! I really hope you can continue on with your bugs. I am sure if you put out an add in the classified section some of us could help you out.
Deffo, I sent him the bleph pair that died so when my remaining pair breeds he can have an ooth...

That's horrible!! I feel so bad for you. :( If i have my black swallowtails hatch I'll ask my parents if i can send you some :)

I know that if this happened to me i would never be able to talk about it like you could. I would basically be off the form for over a month.

You are extremely lucky that your parents let you continue keeping insects.

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh..... thanks you guys. I decided to move everything alive in my room outside for today because it isnt supposed to rain. But this morning I woke up to find my 2 chinese mantises dead. :( Is it the smoke thats killing them? I opened a window all last night.

I dont even think my brunner ooths were gonna hatch. Im really upset. My mom told me to continue my insectatorium else where. She is really angry with me.

Huh..... thanks you guys. I decided to move everything alive in my room outside for today because it isnt supposed to rain. But this morning I woke up to find my 2 chinese mantises dead. :( Is it the smoke thats killing them? I opened a window all last night.

I dont even think my brunner ooths were gonna hatch. Im really upset. My mom told me to continue my insectatorium else where. She is really angry with me.
They were in a place without sun right?!

Maybe before you rebuild a collection you should rethink your setups.....the heating issues arent too hard to advance to a more fireproof setup such as pro heat radiant heat panels or if you must use bulbs try mounting ceramic fixtures to prevent setups or dome lights and such getting knocked over or even to close to cages. Fewer nicer setups are always better.

Well at least your house didn't burn down.... Sorry to hear though, always sucky. Try using CFL bulbs, they dont get very hot. GL with salvaging what you have left...

Latest posts