My set up

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lissimore12

Reaction score
Sorry i dont have a photo of the finished product yet, ill do that tomorrow if i get time

The start of my cube

009-1.jpg

Painted cube. Imagine it with mesh of two sides and the top and glass in the back with a glass door in the front with a wood bottom... if possible :rolleyes: )

011-1.jpg

my shelving unit

017.jpg

Eventually every cubby in this unit will have a mantis enclosure in it (not just a wood frame :p ) Note:the sides are an inch or so in to allow for ventilation because the sides and top are where the mesh is.

018.jpg

A great start. Keep in mind that when you mist your enclosures the shelving unit is going to get wet. I would suggest a glass or plastic bottom for each cube. This of course assumes the cubes will support netting.

A great start. Keep in mind that when you mist your enclosures the shelving unit is going to get wet. I would suggest a glass or plastic bottom for each cube. This of course assumes the cubes will support netting.
Ive actually made foil trays for the bottom of each of the enclosures. and the unit is painted with an oil based paint and the water will not effect it.

Very nice! You are planning to attach a door to the enclosures?

Wyethia

i dont expect an answer being this is one month old, but what did you do for the edges? is this put together with glue or nails or...?

Thanks in advanced =)

i dont expect an answer being this is one month old, but what did you do for the edges? is this put together with glue or nails or...?

Thanks in advanced =)
I use very small nails and a nail gun. there were a few issues with the wood splitting, but we managed to work it out. The mesh on the sides is stapled.

Latest posts