Need help!!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inferno

Reaction score
i just recieved an ooth but it was hatched when i opened it.. i dont have anything to feed the ymphs could i use litle suger ants. there really small.

what kind of nymphs are they and maybe you should better order some fruit flies online and hopefully get them in the next day or 2 and then use them to feed the nymphs or look outside for small bugs like tiny moths or something i would not use ants and i know if you need the fruit flies quick i would recommend josh's frogs and they deliver the next day or 2 on their fruit flies or look around outside your house for bugs like these and feed them to your nymphs if you can find any!

mothz.jpg

Try to stay away from ants, they could all gang up on one nymph and kill it. Go to a petsmart or petco, they should have fruit flies on sale.

In a pinch I'd use PetCo for fruit flies. If you don't have one nearby, go online to order.

Do not use ants! They will often bite, injure, and even kill your new babies!

tru im gonna call. but i caught these white flys on my citrus i think they will do. i read somewhere that they might not even eat for 1 to 2 days. the white flys are defently eating size. i think there just not ready to eat. i also put a piece of my milk weed with a tun of aphids

there boxer mantises. i forgot the sc ientific name looking for that right now

Ouch! You may be in trouble here, Inferno! Milkweed is very toxic, but some insects can either avoid or thrive on the toxin and become toxic themselves, like the monarch butterfly. I suspect that Mantids, being predators cannot deal with it. I would suggest that you offer some of these toxic aphids to just a couple of your nymphs (have them draw lots) and see how they manage for a cupla days. My guess is that after tasting one, they'll leave the others alone.

Edit: I forgot this- http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m113...11/ai_91040470/.

Last edited by a moderator:
They may not eat for a few days apon hatching. This is not always true though. You should really try feeding them now, and gauge there hunger responce. How long were they in transite? And for future reference, you should always have a fruit fly culture ready for hatching nymphs.

alright i seperated em. got plenty of these flys and im putting it in there containers right now. just got to see if the eat. they look intrested.

Latest posts