Neotropical Mantis (formerly mantisdeperu)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precarious

Reaction score
Big warning:

THIS GUY IS A SCAMMER!

Had I know Neotropical was formerly on this forum as mantisdeperu I would not have wasted my time or money.

This is the scum bag to avoid:

Christian Fernando Mendoza Cerna

Neotropical Mantis - Online Insects Shop

Lima - Perú
msn: [email protected]
Paypal: [email protected]
Teléfonos: 00511(997783726)

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/archive/index.php/t-158213.html

Apparently he's been scamming people for a long time.

Sent him money. He kept putting off shipping. Now it's too cold to ship and he will not return my money. In fact, he doesn't even reply to emails anymore.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

I was trying to bring something new into the community and he ripped us all off.

this is such a benign hobby

who wants to infultrate it like this? mantisdeperu was banned a while ago which is partially why precarious didnt know they were the same people

if it makes u feel any better though henry, an australian labradoodle named henry is due to be born in rhode island this week and in 8 weeks he will be mine :D

on a more serious note, maybe there shouls be a wall or thread on all the scammers with their previous aliases or something

on a more serious note, maybe there shouls be a wall or thread on all the scammers with their previous aliases or something
That's kind of why I posted this, so people know he's still out there operating under a new identity.

I'm sorry to hear that man. Its amazing that slimeballs like this have gotten into the mantid hobby
Sorry to hear about it man.......will send you a pm
Thanks for the sympathy.

The saddest part is that money was supposed to go toward a liver transplant for my uncle. I was going to sell nymphs to help pay for it. But now he'll be dead by Christmas. :(

OK, I made that part up. :oops:

ADDITIONAL WARNING:

Paypal is zero help unless you bought through Ebay.

Hey, anyone feels like emailing him be my guest. Maybe if he feels the pressure he'll reconsider what kind of person he is. Or maybe not...

What a shame to, a good contact down there is needed. All my friends down there are froggers.....

If not past the time, dispute it on paypal. Wish u would of asked us, we knew him to be him.
Like I said, Paypal will do nothing unless you bought through Ebay. I've done all I can through them, which is nothing.

And as Mantiseater pointed out, he posted asking about the guy and no one said he was a known scammer. I had been working out a deal around the same time so if someone had said something I would not have followed through with it.

Too bad Henry! I hate scammers. There are too many of them if there is only one taking advantage of us. We are all robbed when one member is abused in this way.

Did you pay with a PayPal balance or credit card? If its the later, maybe your credit card company might be able to help? And that's a shame PayPal won't do a thing....sorry man :(

You are wrong. All you had to do was pay thru paypal. Trust me I know what I am talking about.
There may have been a time when you could but I just went through the process and they could do nothing for me. I opened the claim and they closed it out within minutes saying there was nothing they could do. It may be because he's outside the US. I don't know. All I do know is I went through the process and got zero results.

In places like Africa, South America and others where they can swap out pay card accounts and other as fast as you send money there is little paypal can do. They do not have to verify email, id or address like we do. I have had friends lose thousands of dollars sending exporters payments for frogs.