Neotropical Mantis (formerly mantisdeperu)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In places like Africa, South America and others where they can swap out pay card accounts and other as fast as you send money there is little paypal can do. They do not have to verify email, id or address like we do. I have had friends lose thousands of dollars sending exporters payments for frogs.
It's a verified account so that's not the issue. It's just Paypal only gives you like 24 hours to dispute once payment is made outside the US. No idea why. Only encourages scammers.

Like I said, Paypal will do nothing unless you bought through Ebay. I've done all I can through them, which is nothing.

And as Mantiseater pointed out, he posted asking about the guy and no one said he was a known scammer. I had been working out a deal around the same time so if someone had said something I would not have followed through with it.
What about your bank? Can they take back your money? A friend of mine had been scammed, although not with paypal. She got back her money.

What about your bank? Can they take back your money? A friend of mine had been scammed, although not with paypal. She got back her money.
Money was out of my Paypal balance, and yes he is in Lima, Peru. He has a relative in CT that he uses as middle man.

Money was out of my Paypal balance, and yes he is in Lima, Peru. He has a relative in CT that he uses as middle man.
well me and axolotlsarecooltoo can hunt him down and dispose of him for u ;) we accept paypal or cash for our services and all we ask is u supply a tarp

ive had a lot of scammers from the lepidopteran hobby try to scam me

in the mantis hobby ive seen maybe half a dozen major scammers but in the lepidoptera realm, there r literally hundreds

one guy tried to sell me hyalophora columbia from a trivoltine stock in africa

they r a strictly univoltine species so that guy didnt get my money

i strongly recommend, if the ad isnt posted by a known reliable seller, know the ip address it comes from so we can see if the same person is using different names

ive seen ads on insectnet classifieds claiming to originate in virginia but the ip is from thailand or some african country or brazil

look before u leap

the more people one scams the better they get at scamming people

Maybe it got stopped in the mail? That has happened to me before
Nothing ever shipped. I paid $15 for good shipping with tracking.

I was in Lima, Peru this summer! Precarious, I coulda been your debt collector...
Grrr... Where is my time machine when I need it? I knew I shouldn't have sacrificed it to go back and prevented the Nazis from winning the war. By the way, you're welcome, everyone. You're welcome...

I have not posted much due to time constraints and being able to find the answer to every question I've had via the search function; however, I think it would be in the best interest of our community to have a BLACKLIST of vendors / deals gone bad, in a much frequented or visible place such as at the top of the review forum. It would serve our community well on several levels.

Last edited by a moderator: