New from Ontario Canada

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asheka

Reaction score
Hello! I've recently rediscovered my fascination with praying mantids after seeing an adorable baby picture of a Miomantis Binotata from a girl I follow on Tumblr. She has been awesome with lots of information, so I'm researching into getting one of my own!

As for myself, I'm a (recently turned) 30yr old female engaged to an amazing woman, and dream of being an author. I love animals of many kinds. We currently have four cats and I have four hermit crabs myself as they creep the fiance out lol I also enjoy video games, most kinds of music and movies, and being creative in general. Along with writing, I have a small Facebook page for selling clay pieces I create. Mostly Zombehz I've termed but other things as well. I also enjoy drawing.

I'm very new to the mantid community and have had quite the time finding it to begin with. Hoping I can learn a lot here!

Hello and welcome to the forum

I've raised Miomantis paykullii from two ooths and they are a good species (being from the same Genus as binotata they should be relatively close, but seems the binotata is more common so it is likely they are the more hardy species).

Even with their small size, they attack prey much larger than you would expect they could. ;) Most had no problems until around adulthood where many I had seemed to die without reason, with very few mismolts.

Latest posts