New House!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meaganelise9

Reaction score
I had fun making sweet new habitat today. I found a container at a craft store that's very easy to see through. For a climbing material I used origami mesh paper. I found a twig outside and attached bendable fabric leaves from the aisle with fake flowers and birds and whatnot. So far I think it's a hit.

2011-10-12_17-47-42_821.jpg

2011-10-12_17-48-02_960.jpg

I made one 3.5" wide by 4" tall and one 2.5" wide by 3.25" tall for my popa who doesn't tend to climb very high. They had bigger ones at the craft store too. I'd be willing to put more together if anyone wants one.

Looks good, but keep in mind a 2 inch mantis needs a 5 inch tall container min to molt in or they will bottom out and mismolt. A good rule of thumb is for it to be 3 x taller than the mantis or so until adulthood.

Yeah, she's still pretty tiny, so this is temporary. I actually already made a bigger one today (like one of rebecca's rounds).

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one suggestion if you dont mind.

Hot glue the edges of your screen to the jar.

Other wise, prey will find their way behind the screen and the mantis will go crazy

trying to snag it.

Latest posts