new mantis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamzaalbenni

Reaction score
today i brought my first mantis it was advetised as a fancey mantis but i think its ghost mantis

can someone pls tell me what it is species wise and scientific name also if they have subspecies

DSCF1161.jpg

DSCF1160.jpg

DSCF1159.jpg

DSCF1158.jpg

u are correct it is a ghost mantis i have 5 and the scientific name is Phyllocrania paradoxa.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you people i had mantises about 5 years ago and in turkey i saw one and after comming back i decided to buy one i wanted an african green or something but i could only find this one :) also does anyone know any good web sites or buy them from?

haha! "fancy mantis".. lol! Kind of funny how pet stores make up all of these names.. I remember when I used to work at a pet store, the boss used to make up names to anything that looked kind of new.

Anyways, yeah that's a Ghost Mantis. Eur0pein has the scientific name.

check the classifieds here or places like mantisplace or classifieds from local websites maybe!

Yep, Ghost mantis.

Please tell us a little about yourself in the introductions forum.

About the images..

back the camera way off until the Ghost Mantis is in focus well.

Then what you do is go into Microsoft paint (or equivalent) and crop the image so the ghost fills the image.

Then you should get yourself a nice large clear shot in focus :)

Takes a little practice but you should be able to get it with about any camera besides a phone. Even some of the phones now days are getting better cameras too.

Congrats on your new mantis! I am a very happy new mantis owner as well! I love the little guys ^_^

Latest posts