New to the forum

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butterfly

Reaction score
Hi there all!

Im Vanessa, I live in Southern California. I have always been a Butterfly collector because my name means Butterfly. And my mom wanted to name me that but fortunately she found out Vanessa meant Butterfly. So thankfully I got a normal name. So far I have butterflies from all over the world all bought on ebay and wherever else I could find them. Over summer I found a very small green mantis and decided not to keep it because she was so small I couldnt feed it crickets. I found another green one a bit later and was able to feed it crickets. Then she escaped somewhere in the house and I never found her again. Now I am raising a VERY healthy European Mantis I named Thor. (I didnt know if it was male or female at the beginning) I found her at work with the help of a coworker, we rescued her from the smoking section and think she wouldve been squished if I hadnt taken her home. Now I have 3 eggs and more to come Im sure.

Either way I love the forum here and am excited to have found so many other Mantis lovers.

See ya around!

The first link doesn't work but I saw her pics on the other. Shes a good looking mantis. I may be interested in some of her nymphs once they hatch.

Latest posts