Not the longest mantis, But which can tackle the largest prey?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill krut

Reaction score
Many of the larger species of mantises are very thin and fragile, so what species could take out the largest prey? Probabley a form of hierolda, but im a nube so, my opinion would not be the best. lol

Many of the larger species of mantises are very thin and fragile, so what species could take out the largest prey? Probabley a form of hierolda, but im a nube so, my opinion would not be the best. lol
my friend's h. membranacea 10cm eats a bird of 12 cm so hierodula are(so far i know) the strongest mantis that can take preys 1/2 larger then itself :)

my friend's h. membranacea 10cm eats a bird of 12 cm so hierodula are(so far i know) the strongest mantis that can take preys 1/2 larger then itself :)
i have giant asian..yesterday it eate my cat..hahahah im joking..I take it u havent watch that bran new documentary on discovery called - alien insect - praying mantis..theres footage on there never seen before..3 things..all hierodula species..You see it taken down a mouse,a humming bird..and a snake over 10inchs in length..its an amazing site and i highly recommend u getting hold of this program..i got a mate to get me copy :p its Briant..the latest in camara work,u see so many species on it..and i learn alot to from it..many myths and legends about where it come from and how the egyptians use to mummify them. heres link to a file which i dont know if it works..im sure if u hunt hard enough u an find it. http://www.mininova.org/tor/531751

Latest posts