Nymph Travel Cushiony Comfort Condos

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digger

Reaction score
I've never shipped mantids before. Devised this simple travel condo using 8oz. Ziplock food containers and makeup removal rounds for cushiony comfort. The rounds don't fray like regular cotton and also are excellent at holding moisture. The lids are aerated with holes and covered with a hose stocking pullover to keep in a few FFs. Shipping T. sinensis L3s (jeez they're big boys and girls!).

travel-house.JPG

travel-house2.JPG

Ahahaha so you go in to a walgreens and get pantyhose and makeup removal rounds for your mantids. I would love to see the clerks face :D really great idea though.....

Ahahaha so you go in to a walgreens and get pantyhose and makeup removal rounds for your mantids. I would love to see the clerks face :D really great idea though.....
I'll endure the weird pantyhose stares for my mantids. The makeup rounds really don't raise any eyebrows (but they were indeed purchased at the same counter as the pantyhose).

Hey-

That's great! I use those as well. Be super careful to get the whole thing glued down! When I was practicing shipping(I shipped bugs to myself) some of the little guys wedged themselves under those rounds and got squished! Easy fix though, just make sure it's secure all around:)

Don't have it too wet as they will drown in condensation. Make sure as already mentioned they cannot get under the pads. And one mistake I see time and time again is where people take their primary containers and wrap them tightly in newspaper or mailer bags. That is especially bad in warm weather but I continue to see people send me stuff like that. I see far more issues with that one thing than anything else. I prefer to use clumps of newspaper between the containers or better yet, foam peanuts.

Latest posts