ok, bored and can't help myself!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
love the smilie Kat, thanks ps got any congo males?
AngryChatteringRant.gif
Emailed you. ;)

mmm, your life, your mood :)
Ah,now we can gauge the progress of the New Alex. This comment was unintentionally rude and most inapropriate for a child to direct at an adult. Editing out this line would go a long way toward persuading me, at least, that you are making progress.

You're right that it is my life, my mood, and my decision whether or not I wish to post in any particular topic. I don't need anyone directing me to post anything anywhere, regardless if I have raised C. gemmatus or not; in fact, I take offense to your presumptuous behavior of telling me what to do. Kindly asking... not telling, directing, ordering, or demanding, will get a much better response. And even then, it is STILL MY CHOICE of what and where I choose to post, or not post at all.

If I were you, I would concentrate more on what YOU post, and not concern yourself with trying to run other people's agendas, especially adults.

This is bad:

post in that topic. you have reared Creobroter, I made that topic so I could open up to people more.
This is worse:

I didn't comment on your first post, because I thought Kat's post was already letting you know you were out of line. You ignored or did not understand that tone or warning, and made it worse. :( and to top it off you (and I now) are completely off topic!

I didn't comment on your first post, because I thought Kat's post was already letting you know you were out of line. You ignored or did not understand that tone or warning, and made it worse. :( and to top it off you (and I now) are completely off topic!
I am going to post less often now and my posts will be vague to avoid problems.

You're right that it is my life, my mood, and my decision whether or not I wish to post in any particular topic. I don't need anyone directing me to post anything anywhere, regardless if I have raised C. gemmatus or not; in fact, I take offense to your presumptuous behavior of telling me what to do. Kindly asking... not telling, directing, ordering, or demanding, will get a much better response. And even then, it is STILL MY CHOICE of what and where I choose to post, or not post at all. If I were you, I would concentrate more on what YOU post, and not concern yourself with trying to run other people's agendas, especially adults.
Dang girl. Tell it like it is. ;)

"Cheshire Home Invasion"

Oh no.... :eek: A room crammed full of clones of the blue Cheshire cat in "Alice in Wonderland" everywhere (floor, on all furniture, on top of curtains, on the ceiling, bookshelves, tables, counters, etc...... all with various body parts appearing and disappearing, and of course all with the classic big Cheshire grin! :huh: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
"Cheshire Home Invasion"Oh no.... :eek: A room crammed full of clones of the blue Cheshire cat in "Alice in Wonderland" everywhere (floor, on all furniture, on top of curtains, on the ceiling, bookshelves, tables, counters, etc...... all with various body parts appearing and disappearing, and of course all with the classic big Cheshire grin! :huh: :lol:
funny. meow! I could imagine a bunch of cats invading your house :p , I like cats, especially the calico (or whatever it's called, the one Jingles looks like) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheshire is a town in Connecticut. There was a home invasion and I don't think it is a laughing matter. 3 people were killed, 1 was only 11 years old, a 22 year marrige was ruined, and an innocent family was torn apart. It is not something to make a joke about. With all due respect, I think you know better than to make such a cruel mockery of a terrible tragedy. :angry:
You already have a thread relaying the tragedy, and I have read it and agree it is no laughing matter. THIS thread however, concerns itself NOT with the actual content of a thread's title; it specifically is about your first thought upon reading the title, BEFORE reading the context of the thread... and the disparity between what first popped into your mind upon reading the title, and what the thread is actually about.

I had not heard of this incident before I read your post about it. The post I made in this thread about the title was what first popped into my head, having no knowledge of what your post was actually about. The fact that the "Cheshire home invasion" incident (upon knowing about it) is a tragedy is clear. However, this thread is about the title only, period... and what it calls to mind. It has no relevance to the actual subject of the title, but what it brings to mind.

Cruel mockery? No. Staying on topic in this thread? Yes. My comments have absolutely nothing to do with the subject or content of your thread or the incident... only with the bare title as presented.

Yes, I do know better than to make jokes about horrible incidents, and would not intentionally do so. What you need to know and learn is the significance and difference of what the topic of THIS thread is about.

You already have a thread relaying the tragedy, and I have read it and agree it is no laughing matter. THIS thread however, concerns itself NOT with the actual content of a thread's title; it specifically is about your first thought upon reading the title, BEFORE reading the context of the thread... and the disparity between what first popped into your mind upon reading the title, and what the thread is actually about.I had not heard of this incident before I read your post about it. The post I made in this thread about the title was what first popped into my head, having no knowledge of what your post was actually about. The fact that the "Cheshire home invasion" incident (upon knowing about it) is a tragedy is clear. However, this thread is about the title only, period... and what it calls to mind. It has no relevance to the actual subject of the title, but what it brings to mind.

Cruel mockery? No. Staying on topic in this thread? Yes. My comments have absolutely nothing to do with the subject or content of your thread or the incident... only with the bare title as presented.

Yes, I do know better than to make jokes about horrible incidents, and would not intentionally do so. What you need to know and learn is the significance and difference of what the topic of THIS thread is about.
I'm sorry, I wasn't aware of the purpose of this topic. So this topic is about jokes made just about the title of another topic? :mellow: :huh: I get it! :rolleyes: I over-reacted! Also, I wonder when someone will make a joke about this topic's title.