Orchid Mantis (Hymenopus Coronatus)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hallo auf Deutsch heißt das Mehlwurm (Tenebrio molitor)

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Hello, in Germany flour worm (Tenebrio molitor)

Stephan

Some photos of our H.Coronatus nymphs purchased from DeShawn about a month ago. Both of them molted twice already since being here. Sorry for the poor quality!

orchid01.jpg

orchid02.jpg

orchid03.jpg

orchid04.jpg

Yeah Asa. She has a larger appetite than the other nymph. She'd actually hunt down her prey and not wait around like the other one. We've been feeding her huge moths, butterflies, flies, other common mantids, and honey!

Yeah Asa. She has a larger appetite than the other nymph. She'd actually hunt down her prey and not wait around like the other one. We've been feeding her huge moths, butterflies, flies, other common mantids, and honey!
Why not keep the other common mantids?

Well we had some common mantid nymphs which just hatched and didn't do too well (they were still alive though). So me and my brother decided to feed them to the Orchids.

It was heart-wrenching but we thought it was better to let the Orchids eat them rather than just let them die and throw them away.

This species of mantis looks good.... So good that I cannot take my eyes off them :lol:

Beautiful pictures, everybody! :D

Updates..

My male is now an adult

Molted: 29th July

chillin...

orchid12.jpg

orchid11.jpg

My female is now a subadult

Molted: 31st July

here she is happily enjoying her cricket

she is totally white, no pink or purple coloration :cry:, guess its because of her surroundings, its all white

orchid14.jpg
orchid13.jpg

Your female looks the same instar as mine. What level is she? I want to know so I can time the males/females growth right.

Latest posts