Orchid nymphs L1-L2

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precarious

Reaction score
Had only a partial hatch on the first set of ooths so none for sale. Hopefully next pair will do better. Problem likely due to lack of food before they were laid. That's what I get for traveling. If you're on the list I'll let you know if and when I have some for sale. ;)

I've gotta say, Orchids have the cutest nymphs!

L1 fresh after hatch. Head is still yellow, extremities gray...

OrchidL1_7170-sm.jpg

OrchidL1_7023-sm.jpg

After drying out...

OrchidL1_7046-sm.jpg

OrchidL1_7189-sm.jpg

OrchidL1_7191-sm.jpg

And here is a fresh L2. I'm confused. I thought L2s lost the red. :blink: Next day and coloration is the same.

OrchidL2_7622-sm.jpg

Water droplets on his little head...

OrchidL2_7615-sm.jpg

Soooo cute!!! If some die can I have some just to look at their cuteness??? :p
What a morbid thought. Did something happen to you or were you born this way. :clown: (Pun fully intended.)

Wouldn't you just rather use one of these pics as your desktop image? Believe me, they are much cuter ALIVE. In fact, the photos don't even fully convey their cuteness. A big part of it is how they move. I'll try to get a video up soon.

What a morbid thought. Did something happen to you or were you born this way. :clown: (Pun fully intended.)

Wouldn't you just rather use one of these pics as your desktop image? Believe me, they are much cuter ALIVE. In fact, the photos don't even fully convey their cuteness. A big part of it is how they move. I'll try to get a video up soon.
I'm not attracted to dead things like Jeffrey dahmer was, I was just kidding lol, I thought the " :p " was enough to say I was kidding

Anything is cuter alive than dead I think, I can't wait to see a video :) :) :)

My BFF Abigail came over tonight and I asked her if she had seen my orchids. She said,

"I think so."

"the pink ones?"

"What pink ones"

"These!"

"OMG!"

Just when she thought she'd seen them all! BTW...Cirque du Soleil was FIERCE!

My BFF Abigail came over tonight and I asked her if she had seen my orchids. She said,

"I think so."

"the pink ones?"

"What pink ones"

"These!"

"OMG!"

Just when she thought she'd seen them all! BTW...Cirque du Soleil was FIERCE!
Why do I wanna make a "that's wat she said" joke right about now :p

I remember in 6th grade everyone knew wat an orchid mantis was and they obsessed over them but I was the only one who knew more than they mimic orchids, imagine a 6th graders surprise when I stated they mimic ants as hatchlings...

Like you and me, Henry, I think that Young Alex was just born that way. Fortunately, as you know, the sharper edges get rubbed off as we grow older. Right Alex? :D

Stop playing with us, you spray painted them didn't you. :shifty:
D@mn! I can never get away with it. Get caught every time.

Two days later, red is changing to pink/orange-ish...

OrchidL2_7707-sm.jpg

OrchidL2_7706-sm.jpg

OrchidL2_7709-sm.jpg

OrchidL2_7713-sm.jpg

And in case anyone was wondering, I made these two fight and L2s are definitely stronger. It was a very colorful fight to the death!

OrchidL2_7714-sm.jpg

Joking, of course. :p

Love the pics!!! I love the orchid mantis' pink color

We should use one of precarious' pics of a pink orchid mantis as the forum's breast cancer awareness symbol :)

Just a thought, no disrespect intended :)

So how big r they at L2?

Latest posts