Ordering Crickets Online

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterF

Reaction score
I read a bunch of threads in the "other" catagory. The main problem is that most of the posts were old.

I'm looking to place a sizable order and would just like to know who some of you are using right now.

I just got an order from LLLReptile yesterday. These were nicely packed and there were very few dead ones. I've ordered from another company in the past, and they don't ship overnight. However, there were a lot more dead ones from the other company(even in the fall and spring when the temps are more moderate). Plus, they often are larger than expected.

I just got an order of 500 from Grubco today. They packaged well and had a handful of dead ones, but I got way more than 500. They packed a heat pack in there too because I requested it, and it was 2 day shipping. They're friggin' cheap too, only $15.00 per 500 or $18.00 per thousand and you pick your size, which of coarse you get a range of sizes anyway but the majority were right. The LLLReptiles (not to talk trash) are $24 per 500 and $25 per 1000. I've ordered pupae and superworms from them too, so that's my recommendation. Check their shipping policies closely though, or you may end up paying more than what you thought.

I've tried them all, even during the cricket virus problem on the west coast...

Nobody beats Ghann's in quality or price.

If you join the breeder program, you might as well call them free + shipping.

Harry

I second that! I used them about a year or so ago and they were very friendly (and cheap). I think you couldn't actually order online at the time, but still topnotch.

I just buy them in bulk from a pet store or order them online from premium crickets usually or flukers cricket farm!

I mentioned LLL Reptile above. The price at LLL Reptile includes overnight shipping. I've only ordered from them once. The company I didn't mention was Grubco. Even thought I have my own mealworm colony, I've been ordering mealworms (20,000 a month in the summer) from Grubco for years to feed the birds. I've been very happy with their mealworms but happier with the crickets from LLL Reptile. For me, I'm pretty sure that they ended up being either about the same price (or perhaps cheaper) from LLL Reptile after shipping. Again, I've only ordered once from them (Monday this week). It's always nice to have more than one supplier you can trust in case one is out. I've found this forum to be a great resouce.

I read a bunch of threads in the "other" catagory. The main problem is that most of the posts were old.

I'm looking to place a sizable order and would just like to know who some of you are using right now.
If any of you buy more than 1,000 crickets at a time, PM me! I can currently do (price varies due to amount of buyers per pre-order)

$6.50 per thousand for sizes: pin head, 1/16th, 1/8th, 1/4th.

$7.25 per thousand for 1/2 inchers.

$9.25 per thousand for 3/4 and adults.

Shipping crickets is always a very light weight product. Shipping shouldn't cost all too expensive! I recommend over night shipping, priority is OK but over night is best with crickets! ;)

Latest posts