Our Collection

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=14pt]wow that Toxodera beieri is so cool I did nt know any1 had any, your D.D.'s are so cool my I keep togetherand they are just claim, And your D.T.'s are cool I have some too and they are just claim lil buggers too.[/SIZE]

Cool pics :D

Haha! yep all the mantis 'Shaik' out there... probably only both of you from Singapore, we mantis keepers are rare breed :lol:
This is true bro. People in Singapore are like, 'What? You keep mantids? Wierd!"

This is true bro. People in Singapore are like, 'What? You keep mantids? Wierd!"
At least there are more Singaporean keepers there than your neighbor here, mantis keeper here=strange, lol, those who stand above the treasure do not appreciate it...

Well Sufistic just bought us a macro lens, and here's me trying it out, still need to work on it though, anyway i hope it looks nice.

T.elegans

P1040993.jpg

P1040994.jpg

P1050002.jpg

P1050003.jpg

H.coronatus

P1050029.jpg

P1050032.jpg

P. Paradoxa

P1050017.jpg

P1050020.jpg

P1050022.jpg

P1050023.jpg

Remember when using macro lenses... there is never enough depth of field (the bigger the F-stop the better but dont go past F/16)

Edit: also try to have atleast 1/80 shutter speed

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember when using macro lenses... there is never enough depth of field (the bigger the F-stop the better but dont go past F/16)Edit: also try to have atleast 1/80 shutter speed
I'm sorry yeatzee I have no idea what you just said, I'm a noob when it comes to using the camera, would you care to explain? So I can take better pictures, Thanks!

I'll let him explain about the F stuff.

But the shutter speed of 1/80 means the shutter is open for one eightieth of a second.

Most point and shoot cams have a 1/64 shutter speed (in my personal experience) but the one I've got now has a 1/400 minimum! Yee haw!

Latest posts