Our Setup

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah we still can't get over it too. I'm guessing the entomologist would love to get his hands on one?
He and I alike. I'd love to be able to breed them because I would be able to donate some to the museum. They would really make their mantis collection "pop"!

He and I alike. I'd love to be able to breed them because I would be able to donate some to the museum. They would really make their mantis collection "pop"!
Keep wishing us luck to get more of these. So far they seem to be doing well. If we get a couple more, it'll be awesome to send some to the US for culturing.

Keep wishing us luck to get more of these. So far they seem to be doing well. If we get a couple more, it'll be awesome to send some to the US for culturing.
If you do get lucky enough to find some more (and some breeding pairs), I would suggest keeping them and breeding for a couple of generations at least to learn about their needs, and get a substantial number yourself before sending any out to others to try and culture. Your proximity to their native area gives you a better chance of successfully breeding them, if possible. And in sending your only few out to others overseas or in other countries, there is an increased risk of losing them either in transit or to unfavorable conditions or inexperienced breeders (even if experienced with other species). You have a great opportunity to study and report your progress with these, conditions, temperatures, food, etc., to others to learn before trying to send away for others to try to culture elsewhere. ;) Again, best of luck and I look forward to hearing updates of your progress. :)

If you do get lucky enough to find some more (and some breeding pairs), I would suggest keeping them and breeding for a couple of generations at least to learn about their needs, and get a substantial number yourself before sending any out to others to try and culture. Your proximity to their native area gives you a better chance of successfully breeding them, if possible. And in sending your only few out to others overseas or in other countries, there is an increased risk of losing them either in transit or to unfavorable conditions or inexperienced breeders (even if experienced with other species). You have a great opportunity to study and report your progress with these, conditions, temperatures, food, etc., to others to learn before trying to send away for others to try to culture elsewhere. ;) Again, best of luck and I look forward to hearing updates of your progress. :)
That's exactly what the great Master Yen told me.

We're seriously running out of space.

P1040741.jpg

Well, If you ever need to get rid of a few...I know of a very intelligent and hard working beginner who would love some more mantids... :lol:
I'd love to let go of whatever I can. Only problem is I'm in Singapore and there's not a single heat pack available for sale here. That sucks bigtime.

Latest posts