Part of my Collection .

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What species was that with the mealworm and blue spots on the inner arm? I'm glad to see your snake mantids still doing well. Count me in for ooths of those
Ya the Snake is doing fine ... hopefully lol .... The mantis with Blue dots is Taumantis... and few more H.Majuscula...shots..

IMG_0118_zps33ea4ebc.jpg

IMG_0117_zpsffd5f71a.jpg

IMG_0116_zpsa895854e.jpg

IMG_0104_zps836207d1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My taus dont look anything like that. how are yours so far ahead of mine? did you have a hatch a month or so before the ones I bought?

Also glad to see Splash doing well. you've got some nice males lined up for my girl I hope.

You are getting great pictures now :)
The Pic better be good I spend over 2k for the lens and Camera..... .. I still think my skill is bad need improvements...

My taus dont look anything like that. how are yours so far ahead of mine? did you have a hatch a month or so before the ones I bought?

Also glad to see Splash doing well. you've got some nice males lined up for my girl I hope.
The tau came form the same Ooth ... this is the biggest one I got ... I didn't have time to care for them .. So ... only 10 strong one survived .... some are L7 some still l5...

As for the Male Griffin I got 2 adult now 4 more Sub adult .. but I have 2 adult female 10 sub adult Females so ..... will see If they live the mating task before I can say I'll have 1 for u .. ....

The Pic better be good I spend over 2k for the lens and Camera..... .. I still think my skill is bad need improvements...

The tau came form the same Ooth ... this is the biggest one I got ... I didn't have time to care for them .. So ... only 10 strong one survived .... some are L7 some still l5...

As for the Male Griffin I got 2 adult now 4 more Sub adult .. but I have 2 adult female 10 sub adult Females so ..... will see If they live the mating task before I can say I'll have 1 for u .. ....
Get yours mated first obviously. maybe if we can work something out where I drop off some of my girls for a week to be mated later on. I hope the male you gave me makes it though.

Feb 21th ... my little pink PW .. and first adult snake mantis .. i think is a male... can't really sex these guys .... and trying to mate my first pair Ghost... Do ghost male site on female for few days before mating ?? my male is on her for 24hrs still not connecting...

IMG_0361_zps5c7f8aae.jpg

IMG_0360_zpsb2ab6260.jpg

IMG_0359_zps8d6c41fe.jpg

Snake....

IMG_0366_zps7a3a9a4f.jpg

IMG_0367_zps621e7907.jpg

IMG_0362_zps6c7b0e1c.jpg

IMG_0364_zpsb77ba69b.jpg

Ghost....

IMG_0368_zps455d1aea.jpg

Feb 25th Update ...

Hierodula majuscula finally laid Ooth lol ... took for every to laid ooth mated 3 time before her 1st ooth was laid ... still 8 more female did not laid yet ... OMG

IMG_0392_zps68eae919.jpg

IMG_0390_zpsb17ad712.jpg

Starting to Mate my Griffins ... First pair Success ...

IMG_0377_zpsdce769a4.jpg

IMG_0380_zps383e24d0.jpg

IMG_0382_zps90c718b4.jpg

IMG_0381_zpsbeab8e3f.jpg

IMG_0378_zps3b6cf8f8.jpg

IMG_0374_zps19b50405.jpg

IMG_0375_zps2fa4bf7f.jpg

Congratulations, Albert! Your images are First Class. See? Some patience and practice and you're creating some really fine shots - in very little time.

Were you ever able to mate your Ghosts?

Do your Archimantis take a long time in between molts? I'm wondering if I'm not keeping mine warm enough. They are growing so slow compared to all of my other species.

Were you ever able to mate your Ghosts?

Do your Archimantis take a long time in between molts? I'm wondering if I'm not keeping mine warm enough. They are growing so slow compared to all of my other species.
Ya my are growing slow as well they don;t like it too hot .. i was told 25c is best for them. my male was on the female for 2 day i didn't see connect so i remove it for 1 day then put them together again now he jump on her again but i don;t see them connect .............

Ya my are growing slow as well they don;t like it too hot .. i was told 25c is best for them. my male was on the female for 2 day i didn't see connect so i remove it for 1 day then put them together again now he jump on her again but i don;t see them connect .............
Do you have another male you can try? My first three Ghosts I mated have all been laying fertile ooths. Now I'm waiting to see about the other two. Three / five never ate the males, and they died of old age. One finally ate the male. And one of my females that hasn't laid an ooth yet bit the head off from the male. I didn't see them connect. We'll see what happens. Good luck with yours!

Do you have another male you can try? My first three Ghosts I mated have all been laying fertile ooths. Now I'm waiting to see about the other two. Three / five never ate the males, and they died of old age. One finally ate the male. And one of my females that hasn't laid an ooth yet bit the head off from the male. I didn't see them connect. We'll see what happens. Good luck with yours!
can i just put the female with 3 males would that be better ?? i have 3 adult male now and 7 sub adult male .. so i got a few ...