Part of my Collection .

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have another male you can try? My first three Ghosts I mated have all been laying fertile ooths. Now I'm waiting to see about the other two. Three / five never ate the males, and they died of old age. One finally ate the male. And one of my females that hasn't laid an ooth yet bit the head off from the male. I didn't see them connect. We'll see what happens. Good luck with yours!
i tried to breed my creos last night

one female got punctured (non-fatally) then the male ate too much and is too fat to connect with the second one, who got sick of him after a few minutes :rolleyes:

will try again wednesday

i tried to breed my creos last night

one female got punctured (non-fatally) then the male ate too much and is too fat to connect with the second one, who got sick of him after a few minutes :rolleyes:

will try again wednesday
Good luck on Wednesday! I will be looking to you for advice when the male Creobroter sp. molts to adult :)

Feb 27th

My # 1 11cm H.Majcus finally laid her first Ooth after 1 mth lol is a big one ..

IMG_0400_zps04cd35ad.jpg

IMG_0402_zps4f971131.jpg

March 3rd update New Species Orthodera ministralis hatched out new Challenge starts :)

IMG_0405_zps19c3b361.jpg

IMG_0406_zpse084f691.jpg

IMG_0404_zpsf199a69a.jpg

20130303_151128_zpsee03b68e.jpg

When Adults they Look like this.

Orthodera1_zps6da97bd2.jpg

Orthoderaministralis_zps18fbcbc4.jpg

Orthodera11_zpsaba1afd7.jpg

Orthodera9_zpsb67601cc.jpg

Thanks for watching

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice, good job. The females are very aggressive eaters, so its a risk for the males not getting eaten.

Really amazing photos and so impressive that you raise these up in the great white North. I grew up in Seaforth, ON and Buffalo so I can appreciate what you have to deal with.

And wonderful photos. You have put Pseudocreobotra whahlbergii on top of my "try next" list! Thank you so much for keeping up this thread!

Really amazing photos and so impressive that you raise these up in the great white North. I grew up in Seaforth, ON and Buffalo so I can appreciate what you have to deal with.

And wonderful photos. You have put Pseudocreobotra whahlbergii on top of my "try next" list! Thank you so much for keeping up this thread!
Thank you for ur comment for sure I'll keep this up ... This Post is like my Mantis Dairy Sometime, I go back time to time in the Post to check the Laid date or Info I could of missed or forgot Due to I keep so many Mantis ....

March 5th

First Pre sub or Sub Hierodula membranacea is a male damn lol ... and Yes Finally I have a Kongobatha diademata Female Snake Adult haha so far 3 male 1 female and 1 more Sub Adult not sure sex but looks like female will see in a week .. Hope i can breed the Snakes ..

IMG_0419_zps4d049bb9.jpg

IMG_0420_zpsc6ad6db5.jpg

IMG_0421_zpsedad6b03.jpg

IMG_0422_zpsc6c204d9.jpg

IMG_0424_zpsf28a443b.jpg

IMG_0424_zpsf28a443b.jpg

Kongobatha diademata Adult Female

20130305_115954_zpsb4084d86.jpg

20130305_120224_zps6a2e5572.jpg

20130305_120357_zpsec04387c.jpg

20130305_120038_zpse1f551dd.jpg

Thanks for Watching ....

Wow! Great the Kongobatha diademata are not dead! I have read about Orthodera novaezealandiae being impossible to keep alive. And I read that they have wider shields than Orthodera ministralis. Orthodera ministralis are not too hard to keep alive right? :huh:

http://www.ukmantisforums.co.uk/mantis-wants/12527-orthodera-novaezealandiae.html

http://www.ukmantisforums.co.uk/general-mantis-discussions/12472-what-diffrence-between-garden-mantis-new-zealand-mantis.html

Edit: this post did not work but know it got every word.

Latest posts