Phyllovates Chlorophaea

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yen_saw

Forum Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
af10.jpg

af9.jpg

af8.jpg

Thanks guys!

Yeah, beautiful species, how many u got mated :D
Just one, she was an adult about 11 days ago so i gave it a try. I have another 14 adult females to mate. So hopefully any of them produce viable ootheca hatching in near future.

When i was worry about this species not able to lay ootheca in captivity, one of the mated females produced an ootheca couple of days ago!! :D

I must have been very lucky in successfully rearing and pairing this species so far! :D now hopefully the ooth will hatch.

ooth1-1.jpg

ooth2-1.jpg

ooth3.jpg

Congratulations! You are the mantis man! The pictures are wonderful. Beautiful mantids. I love that the female is happily munching away, not bothered at all by the male on her back...

Wonderful photos Yen, these looks like a pretty cool species. Never seen the idea of using pollen for livefood before, not sure if it is available in the UK.

This topic should be rated 18 :shock:
This whole forum is rated 18. Haven't you seen the numerous theads on "Katie Holmes touching her boobs"? :D

Thanks guys..... surprise to see the topic turn out to a rated issue :p

All mated female are "pooping" ooth now so i will offer some for trade very soon. It has been great keeping this wonderful species and following the entire growth process especially watching the "horn" grew with each molt.

Edit: i want to thank Fangsheath (Dave) for all this!!

WOTM, is funny... rated 18, good one!! But seriously, though ,Yen you are off the hook, as my nephews would say!!

This is the result after some mantis por.nos :lol:

hatch2.jpg

The first of Texas Unicorn mantis ooth hatched out about 50-60 nymphs :D The first ooth was laid on 5/19 so it took only 34 days to hatch!! Always good to have a new generation on cool species. Here are some other oothecae incubating right now.

ooth5.jpg

Latest posts