Phyllovates Chlorophaea

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember she wasn't laying ootheca after being mated twice, so i placed her into a larger enclosure and put few oak branches, basically make her feels like "home" with nice camouflage surrounding and she has been pooping ooth since. :D

i'm thinking about how uncanabalistic they are, think how many you'll have for public distribution! :shock:

They can be kept together, but i found out that female fends off male from mounting her by biting off the legs of male, especially if she is not ready to mate. I have some adult males without legs after pairing up with female :(

oh, so when they are adults it's best to part them?

males in one container

females to another

or something like that?

When they are L3 and up it is best to part them
That's not necesary for this species.

They will stay alright together even at adult stage due to the communal behaviour, but some females find adult male showing interest to be irritating and will strike at the male, but will not devour male in the process; However, male suffers injur limbs and usually end up losing the limb so i would recommend keeping adult male separately (individual caging). Adult female can be kept together without problem.

Also for anyone able to read chinese - i have a new blog for this species :D

http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/jw!5N.QJPeLFRkU...ve?l=f&id=5

When they are L3 and up it is best to part them
That's not necesary for this species.

They will stay alright together even at adult stage due to the communal behaviour, but some females find adult male showing interest to be irritating and will strike at the male, but will not devour male in the process; However, male suffers injur limbs and usually end up losing the limb so i would recommend keeping adult male separately (individual caging). Adult female can be kept together without problem.

Also for anyone able to read chinese - i have a new blog for this species :D

Oops. I thought he was just talking generally about mantids.

http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/jw!5N.QJPeLFRkU...ve?l=f&id=5

Latest posts