Pictures:)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pelle

Reaction score
Shedding male Solygia sulcatifrons

dscf1690s.jpg

dscf1695.jpg

dscf1696h.jpg

dscf1699.jpg

dscf1700.jpg

dscf1701c.jpg

dscf1703g.jpg

dscf1708g.jpg

dscf1710p.jpg

dscf1712u.jpg

dscf2001y.jpg

Very nice! :) That is an interesting Projection. Never seen that before. Does it have any use, or is just for camouflage?

Thats cool man do you have more of him comeing out? also what kind of cam are you useing?
I'm using a FujiFilm FinePix S9500 with a Raynox DCR-250

Very nice! :) That is an interesting Projection. Never seen that before. Does it have any use, or is just for camouflage?
Thanks:) I have no idea actually. Males have it as well, so I guess camouflage ?

Idolomorpha lateralis

dscf1920q.jpg

Subadult female

dscf2011q.jpg

dscf2006.jpg

dscf2014j.jpg

dscf2019f.jpg

dscf2024o.jpg

Subadult male

dscf2032o.jpg

dscf2034d.jpg

dscf2030w.jpg

dscf2036g.jpg

haha it seems like you caught her in a compromising position. In the fourth-to-last pic shes pooping :p

"I'm using a FujiFilm FinePix S9500 with a Raynox DCR-250"

I am most seriously impressed, Pelle. For anyone who is not familiar with this setup, the "FinePix S9500" is (was!) a "prosumer" camera, not a DSLR, and the Raynox macro lens is a clip on supplementary lens that costs about 1/10 of a Canon 100mm macro, and has been around for years.

I'm going to get one for my similar Panasonic FZ18 on the strength of your pix, anyway, but:

1) Did you have to crop much to eliminate vignetting?

2) What f stop were you using?

3) What was the focal distance, (FFD) aproximately?

4) Aren't you proud of yourself for producing such great pix with such simple equipment?

Thanks!

I'm jealous, Pelle.... hehe. :p Very nice pics of your S. bicornis. ;) I admire and would like to try this species one of these days. :)
It's a very funny species.. The 2 nymphs I have from Yen are most likely a couple(lucky) So maybe I will be able to breed them, but I need more luck for that:)

"I'm using a FujiFilm FinePix S9500 with a Raynox DCR-250"I am most seriously impressed, Pelle. For anyone who is not familiar with this setup, the "FinePix S9500" is (was!) a "prosumer" camera, not a DSLR, and the Raynox macro lens is a clip on supplementary lens that costs about 1/10 of a Canon 100mm macro, and has been around for years.

I'm going to get one for my similar Panasonic FZ18 on the strength of your pix, anyway, but:

1) Did you have to crop much to eliminate vignetting?

2) What f stop were you using?

3) What was the focal distance, (FFD) aproximately?

4) Aren't you proud of yourself for producing such great pix with such simple equipment?
Thank you Phil:)

1) You mean if you don’t zoom or anything you will see something like this (when you have the Raynox clipped on)

dscf2197k.jpg

I almost never crop, because I use the digital zoom function(x2). If I do that, the vignetting isn’t visible anymore.

I have this camera and mini macro lens for about 3 years now I believe. And I’m too lazy to figure out settings like the aperture etc. So it’s always standing on ‘auto’ :p

I kinda learned to make pics with it on my own, I barely now something about photo stuff..

I want to buy a better camera sometime, but this works for now:)

2) Like I said, I don’t know much about this :p Do you mean the F-number ?

I use Opera as my browser, if I look at the Image properties in this browser. I can see a lot of info on most pictures.

Here’s is a screenshot from the last S. bicornis picture: Click

3) Uhm :| Around 40.00 mm or something ? I have no idea :p

4) I don’t know, never really think about stuff like that :p Sounds like I should be? :)

I also have to say that before I post a picture, it goes through Photoshop Lightroom first. Then I open it in Photoshop where I blur away all the noise.

It’s a lot of work, but it looks better imo :)

Latest posts