Post photos here for the 2017 calendar

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sarah K Thanks Sarah for the photo submissions. :D

Please supply me with the species scientific name for each photo to prevent mis-identification, rule #2 "2. Upload copies of your entries here. These may be lower resolution of the image and may include watermarks, etc. For each photo, please include the scientific name of the mantis." Thanks. :)
Okay, added labels under all pictures. Thanks!

Liking seeing all top quality photos on so far ? 

15326058_1815596212041395_5304389722175934670_o.jpg

European mantis or mantis regaliosa

15304294_1815596272041389_5742468158623964651_o.jpg

Heterochaeta or African stick mantis

15289113_1815596445374705_4264231137338795971_o.jpg

King mantis or hierodula majuscula

15252745_1815596532041363_1018874465730442523_o.jpg

Sphodromantis/African mantis 

@scytheclaw Many thanks for the photo submissions for the calendar. I have updated your emailed photos with the scientific names as well, so thanks for listing them. :)

1. Phyllocrania paradoxa (Ghost Mantis) adult female 
  2. Hierodula venosa (Red Armed Mantis or H.golden) adult female 
  3. Taumantis sigiana (Lime Green Mantis) adult female 

It seems the extended deadline was just right, as it helped several other members get in their photo submissions, and there is only one member left to submit theirs tomorrow. So the 2017 submissions are now finished. I am working on the calendar photo layout and the best way to give some variation. I will start a new topic, and post a link here, when the new calendar is available for sale. :)

There were 9 members who submitted a total of 38 photos for the 2017 calendar.
thumbs-up2.gif
There is plenty of various mantid species, photo composition, and other factors making them unique - not to mention many truly are amazing. As usual everyone who submitted photos will have at least one photo that appears in the calendar too.

I would like to let everyone have more involvement such as voting for their favorite for the cover and other such things, but we are out of time and need to get the calendar finished for anyone to have a shot at getting the calendar ordered and shipped in time for the new year. :)

Thanks to everyone for their photo submissions and involvement in the Mantidforum 2017 calendar.

Fashionably late... :p

Ceratomantis sausurii L1 fresh hatched (pink landscape is my finger!)

Ceratomantis%20L1%200T9A1484-sm.jpg

Yersiniops sophronicum adult male

Yersiniops%20sophronicum%20a-m%200T9A0524-sm.jpg

Leptomantella lactea L3 showing red from eating a fruit fly (video HERE)

Leptomantella%20sp_0T9A1600-sm.jpg

Leptomantella sp. L3 showing purple but appears black to the naked eye

Leptomantella%20L3_0T9A1925-sm.jpg

Decimiana bolivari adult pair

Decimiana%20bolivar%20PAIR_0T9A1372-sm.jpg

Update - The calendar is finished, double checking everything for errors and such, and getting final verification before final submission. It will uploaded to Zazzle, SnapFish, and RedBubble printing services soon, likely early next week and links will be given then to purchase. :D

Here is a preview of the calendar from Zazzle...

screenshot.jpg

YAY!!!    <clap>  Nicely done Thomas!!!  :D
Thanks! ;) It was easy with such great photos. Speaking of which notice January? :D

I was hoping to have it done a bit sooner but the flu got me bad this year (and lead to bronchitis). It started on the 6th and I'm now just starting to feel about 70% like my usual self. :) I'm grateful though I did not get sick like my co-worker - he has been since a few days before Thanksgiving.

Still plenty of time, I hope you didn't feel too rushed.  :)

Yeah, thanks!  Nice way to start off the new year.  :D

Still plenty of time, I hope you didn't feel too rushed.  :)

Yeah, thanks!  Nice way to start off the new year.  :D
No rush, my university projects cured me of that lol. I was hoping to spend time on a more creative calendar version (perhaps a alternative) but with that off my list it was no problem. ;)

Thank you, I figured a full photo was the best way to start. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts