Potential new mantid owner - tips please?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the tips guys, my hunting did not go well though I will have to search again in 2 weeks or so... But I did buy all the stuff to make my enclosure so i will be doing that today & ill put the pictures of that up later on.

It is also possible to ship some things into Australia, as long as its native & or approved eg a dog. It is just very hard to do this without being in a qualified profession dealing with animals.

If anyone knows of a good Australian based place to buy praying mantis eggs that would be great.

Half way through to finishing my enclosure! It is looking very good considering it's my first ever attempt. Expect finished product photos tomorrow!

It is not the same though here in the US. In Australia they actually scan every package into the country and every one leaving the country. It is to help prevent invasive species. If you get caught it is not pretty.
+1, same goes for Hawaii, it needs to be done though to preserve the indigenous and somewhat dedicate plant and animal life they have.

baby mantids can go in enclosures sized for adults, as long as they can find their food :)

Latest posts