Price of Giant African

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rory

Reaction score
Is £10 too much to pay for a Giant African Mantis?

well it varies last time I got one it was about 2ns/3rd instar but another time it was 1 shed from adulthood.

Giant africans are the Sphodomantis Centralis aren't they? I'd still be paying way too much. Ahh well. :(

Was this a pet shop price Rory?
I think so because always when I going to petshop in leeds and if there are mantids, they always are the same price which is £10.

You can buy them from pet shops in the UK?!That's not fair :cry:
Yea, they seem to be pretty popular in pet shops. I think nearly all of UK hobbyists start from pet shop mantids, then after going online, realise they got ripped of for a species that was labelled incorrectly!

You not got them in the shops over there?

You can buy them from pet shops in the UK?!That's not fair :cry:
Yea, they seem to be pretty popular in pet shops. I think nearly all of UK hobbyists start from pet shop mantids, then after going online, realise they got ripped of for a species that was labelled incorrectly!

You not got them in the shops over there?
I doubt there is one pet shop in the US that sells live praying mantids, regardless of species.

I've never seen them in any uk pet shops?! i wish i had becuse it never would have taken me so long to get in to the hobby! I've been in so many pet shops over the years looking for weird and wonderful creatures i would have noticed.

i didnt find any in pet shops untill i started the hobby and they started popping up, buying online is easier, cheaper and is more exciting when the post man brings a parcel to the door ;)

No exotic mantis for sale in the US petshop
6184ceba.gif

Latest posts