Question About a Cage

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mantis Man13

Reaction score
I have a ten-gallon zilla cage that looks like this:
large-ag-zilla-20l-critter-cage.jpg

The top of the cage has very nice mesh and I have put many large sticks that are attached to each side of the cage but the sides are glass and are slippery and are not good for molting and one of my mantises has mismolted because of this before. Is there anything I can use to fix this at all? Also, I want to ensure that my mantis won't molt to close to the ground if I put something on the sides of the cages for it to go on. I am going to keep a Orchid mantis in this cage for reference. Thanks.

that cage is WAAAAAAAAY too big for a single orchid, unless you are feeding it outside of the cage, or in a smaller one. I suggest rubber bath mesh, you can find it easily, and it is easy to glue to the sides, some adhere to glass.

I feed my mantises outside of the cage I give them a big cage because I like to give them a lot of room and it is a nice cage. If I put the mesh on the cage how do I know that the mantis won't molt to close to the ground because of it? Is there anyway to make that not happen?

I Have all my interlining sticks 6 inches or higher above the ground will that ensure that the mantis will not molt on the glass anyway then? Or do I still need to put the rubber bath mesh on? How many inches above the ground should the rubber bath mesh begin?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts