Question for everyone, need creativity advice

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill krut

Reaction score
Great news, I applied as a docent at the Carnegie Museum in Pittsburgh, and during my interview, the lady thought that i should do something bigger :D , (work with a real scientist there or something). they are thinking about adding a biodiversity exhibit and I brought up the diversity within mantis species. she sounded very interested and later this year i maybe able to help the museum put together such an exhibit. What i was thinking of doing is having a display with Flowers, leaves, stones, bark, etc. And the corresponding mantises to those environments. If you guys have any ideas on displays, I would love to hear them. Also I am not sure if we will use live or dead bugs, but the display will probably have dead ones and we might bring in a few live, low maintenance species. This won't go into effect until later in the year, but all display ideas and where to get dead mantises would be great. I'll update you guys on it probably next week. :)

It will be fun Krut :lol: you can decorate the cage according to the species you have. For exhibition there is usually this clear plastic cage that provide the best view for visitor. the cage has net screen on top with light attached above the hood, and the cage is retrievable from behind just like how it is in the pet shop. Here are couple of cage set-up as example.

display1.jpg

orchid2.jpg

Oh one more thing, as docent, be prepared to answer all those weird questions from especially school students. I ran out of breath attending a class of 4th grader once! :lol:

Latest posts