Quick last minute reminder: Life In The Undergrowth.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no, I missed it again. just completely forgot about it. Well, I'll make sure I see it next week. I missed it 2 weeks in a row now.

Cheers, Cameron.

(oh fishsticks!)

haven't seen it yet (recorded it and watching later)

but to me... 17 years sounds like the lifecycle of the cicada... my ex gf went there about a year ago and went right in the middle of it...

haven't seen it yet (recorded it and watching later)but to me... 17 years sounds like the lifecycle of the cicada... my ex gf went there about a year ago and went right in the middle of it...
I think it may have been cicadas, got me thinking now, cant remember! :?

Katydids are like pretty grasshopers really. They were beetles but it's final form had large wings.

do ya mean the super massive beetles grub?

i liked the way the cicadas followed the click sound, could rig em up to fetch things for ya, just follow the click...

and that spider with it's sling thing was amazing!

I think people are talking about two different things

the 17 year cycle thing Jackson first mentioned were the cicadas, the ones that followed his clicking

other people seem to now be talking about the Titan(was that its name) beetle which the grub hadn't been discovered, I'm confused :?

would be cool to keep a titan? beetle but you'd spend prob a decade+ raising a grub to get the beetle for a year, pretty pointless imo, similar to many other large beetles which is prob why not that many people culture them

I missed this weeks one but the whole series is being released on DVD this month so it will be top of my Christmas list!

Excellent series!

Alan

I was gonna go down to Manchester for David Attenborough signing his book the other day but it was my wifes brithday.....it was a tough choice.....!

titanus was big, but that was it, wouldn't be something I'd be desperate to keep, much prefer the harlequin (sp?) beetle that was on, did you see titanus's mandibles, bloody heck, chomp off your finger in one bite

Latest posts