Room Tempurature Mantids

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know some mantids that will do fine when housed at room temperature? I don't have heat lamps or whatever mantis enthusiasts use. I've heard Budwings could live at those temps, but not sure, any others? Like Chinese or Carolinas?

Thanks, Gavin :)

All the mantises I have raised were at room temperature. Granted, my room gets a bit warmer than the rest of the house due to my computer always being on, but still -

Some species I have had trouble with. Violin mantises may not do too well in room temperature.

On the otherhand, Hierodula sp., Rhombodera and Deroplatys do fine in room temperature. The D. lobata I have were raised, then bred, and eggs incubated and hatched, babies that I kept now on their way to 5th instar... all in room temperature.

I had creobroters,violins,thistles and orchids and gambians and a few other species do ok at room temperature from nymphs to adulthood without much problem

The only species I ever kept that were kept above room temps was the violin mantis and Idolomantis. The vast majority are fine at room temps.

Latest posts